Im developing a plugin. (Eg mimetype application/x-test) I build it and copy the dll to the plugin directory. I send an email with: - A text/html body - An embedded part application/x- test The html part has: <EMBED type='application/x-test' SRC='cid: .....' > I think that this line is correct, it runs the plugin, but I cannot get the stream! (Netscape 4.78 and 2002020406) So I tryed <a href='cid: ... '> The Netscape 4.78 runs myPlugin but the 2002020406 don't (It shows the embedded part as plain text).
is cid: a registered protocol Mozilla can understand? does the problem occur to mail only or to browser as well?
Reporter: please provide a screenshot showing what netscape 4.78 does that moz 1.3.1 (or later) does not.
What kind of screenshot do you want? Netscape 4.78 calls the program which is associated with the embedded-part's mime type. But from Netscape 6, this program is not called anymore (The content is shown as text).
First of all, you should not be using netscape 6. Upgrade to Netscape 7 at the very least. I would recommend Mozilla 1.3.1 The best thing would be to load a testcase to this bug (and make a link to the .dll file in question). If that's not possible, then take a screenshot of what happens when you click on the link in Netscape 4.78, and in Netscape 7. Also, give the exact text of what is the <a href
When I reported it I was using Netscape 6. I will attach the screenshots as soon as I rebuild a tiny project to reproduce it.
Reporter Are you able to reproduce the problem with a more recent version of Mozilla? Thanks
I dont't have the environment to reproduce it now. When I reported the bug I was developing a proof of concept that I don't have anymore.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.