Lodash documentation hangs for a second or three on load in layout code




2 years ago
2 years ago


(Reporter: bzbarsky, Unassigned, NeedInfo)


(Blocks: 1 bug)


Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox51 affected)




(3 attachments, 1 obsolete attachment)

See https://github.com/lodash/lodash.github.io/issues/45

I did some profiling and we're doing layout for a while on pageload, as far as I can tell.  Also as far as I can tell this depends somehow on both the fontawesome stylesheet being included _and_ on the flex styles being used.  Removing either one makes things much faster.

I expect that we're reflowing multiple times because of the flex thing; not sure why the fontawesome stuff comes in, but maybe something about its generated content stuff?

Daniel, do you have time to look into this?  I'll attach what I think is a self-contained version that shows the problem (and in particular doesn't have any of the scripts from the original page).
Flags: needinfo?(dholbert)

Comment 1

2 years ago
Created attachment 8788711 [details]
fontawesome css

Comment 2

2 years ago
Created attachment 8788712 [details]

Comment 3

2 years ago
Created attachment 8788713 [details]


2 years ago
Attachment #8788712 - Attachment is obsolete: true

Comment 4

2 years ago
Created attachment 8788714 [details]
Testcase page

Comment 5

2 years ago
Note that Bugzilla is being really slow, at least for me, so you may need to download those locally and edit them to point to file:// URLs to get useful timings not affected by the server and network....
I've got a backlog of stuff I'm working through right now, but I'll try to take a look at some point next week. [leaving needinfo open]
Blocks: 1304473
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.