Nested table entry in remote file sometimes fails to display

RESOLVED FIXED in Future

Status

()

Core
Layout
P3
major
RESOLVED FIXED
17 years ago
16 years ago

People

(Reporter: Jaagup Irve, Assigned: Marc Attinasi)

Tracking

Trunk
Future
x86
Windows 98
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
This is a really strange one...

Go to page: http://www.hot.ee/irve/mozilla/strangebug.html
Shift+Reload it a few times.

Notice that yellow X on the upper right among with a dropdown menu sometimes
appears, and sometimes it does not.

However, when you save it locally, it always renders flawlessly. Sadly I have no
time to simplify it into a simpler testcase...

It seems to be related to deeply nested tables and partial page loads that are
the result of network traffic or perhaps an unfinished reload. I have tried to
load and examine it in DOM Inspector, but it seems to load flawlessly there also.

(Ironically this page happened to be an online banking application and the
missing X is where you're supposed to end the session.)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; et-EE; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311
(Reporter)

Comment 1

17 years ago
I found a way to inspect it with DOM inspector. You have to load browser window
through File->Inspect window, and then type the address and then click on
shift+reload.

It appears that the entries nesting the lost ones are moved off to right from
the table that holds them.
Summary: Nested table entry sometimes fails to display → Nested table entry in remote file sometimes fails to display
Confirmed, 2002-03-13-03 on Windows 98 SE.
Severity: normal → major
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Comment 3

17 years ago
Changing QA contact
QA Contact: petersen → amar

Updated

17 years ago
Priority: -- → P3
Target Milestone: --- → Future
Jaagup, the URL is now 404. Please attach the file to this bug report if you
still have it around.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

16 years ago
The bank site on which I saw the bug started working properly around 1.0RC2. I'm
unable to reproduce this bug anymore on the bank site on which it originally
occurred. I also have lost the local copy.

So I guess it's resolved for now.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.