"Saving Pop-up" to small

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

()

Firefox
File Handling
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
2 years ago
a year ago

People

(Reporter: thomas.biasion, Unassigned)

Tracking

50 Branch
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

2 years ago
Created attachment 8814849 [details]
Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 12.01.05.png

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.12; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0
Build ID: 20161104212021

Steps to reproduce:

Happend on Mac OSX Sierra - also after reinstallation of Firefox


Actual results:

Whenever saving a file (zip, doc, whatever...) the pop up windows is to small to click the buttons. It can not be resized


Expected results:

Windows should be big enough to see options and buttons for "save file", "open file" or similar
Can you reproduce the issue in Safe Mode[1]?
If yes and you can reproduce the issue in Safe Mode,
can you still reproduce it even with clean new fresh profile without any addons (extensions and plugins)[2]?

You can also try a standard troubleshoot and diagnose procedure[3].



[1] = https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
[2] = https://support.mozilla.org/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
[3] = https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems
Component: Untriaged → File Handling
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)
(Reporter)

Comment 2

2 years ago
(In reply to Virtual_ManPL [:Virtual] - (ni? me) from comment #1)
> Can you reproduce the issue in Safe Mode[1]?
> If yes and you can reproduce the issue in Safe Mode,
> can you still reproduce it even with clean new fresh profile without any
> addons (extensions and plugins)[2]?
> 
> You can also try a standard troubleshoot and diagnose procedure[3].
> 
> 
> 
> [1] =
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
> [2] =
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
> [3] =
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems

I faced the problem over several days. I tried the steps [1] + [2] and all (but the new profile) in step [3] without success. 

Today, after several restarts, the problem seems resolved now. I do not now what caused the issue. 
Thanks for your help!
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)
(Reporter)

Comment 3

2 years ago
(In reply to thomas.biasion from comment #2)
> (In reply to Virtual_ManPL [:Virtual] - (ni? me) from comment #1)
> > Can you reproduce the issue in Safe Mode[1]?
> > If yes and you can reproduce the issue in Safe Mode,
> > can you still reproduce it even with clean new fresh profile without any
> > addons (extensions and plugins)[2]?
> > 
> > You can also try a standard troubleshoot and diagnose procedure[3].
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > [1] =
> > https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
> > [2] =
> > https://support.mozilla.org/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings
> > [3] =
> > https://support.mozilla.org/kb/troubleshoot-and-diagnose-firefox-problems
> 
> I faced the problem over several days. I tried the steps [1] + [2] and all
> (but the new profile) in step [3] without success. 
> 
> Today, after several restarts, the problem seems resolved now. I do not now
> what caused the issue. 
> Thanks for your help!


The problem appeared again when using a second display over HDMI
Status: VERIFIED → REOPENED
Ever confirmed: true
Resolution: WORKSFORME → ---

Comment 4

a year ago
Does the problem go away if you rename the "xulstore.json" file from the profile folder while Firefox is not running? This file stores dialog position and sizes from last time, maybe it gets confused when there are multiple screen resolutions.
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)
(Reporter)

Comment 5

a year ago
(In reply to :Paolo Amadini from comment #4)
> Does the problem go away if you rename the "xulstore.json" file from the
> profile folder while Firefox is not running? This file stores dialog
> position and sizes from last time, maybe it gets confused when there are
> multiple screen resolutions.

(I am now on macOS Sierra 10.12.2 (16C67) running Firefox 50.1.0)

I tried what you suggested but it does not resolve the issue.

Comment 6

a year ago
Can you try the same steps, but do these while all external monitors are disconnected, so we have only one resolution when Firefox starts? It's important that Firefox is not running while you delete the file, and the monitor is disconnected when you start the browser again.

Updated

a year ago
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)

Comment 7

a year ago
Any success with comment 6?
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)

Updated

a year ago
See Also: → bug 1305276

Comment 8

a year ago
I'm closing the bug, because at the moment we don't have enough information to turn this into an actionable bug fix.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years agoa year ago
Flags: needinfo?(thomas.biasion)
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.