From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020311 BuildID: 2002031104 When mozilla first start I told it to take over system settings for internet types. Despite, this, I see the following behavior: In Eudora 5.1 when I click on a hightlighted URL (e.g., the one in a message from bugzilla) it launches a browser, but no URL shows in the address window and the screen is blank. The one exception is that clicking on something with and .asp extension (e.g. Feinstein (3/21/02) - Mr. MURKOWSKI. Mr. President, I gather there is some concern expressed by the majority leader about the pace at which we are proceeding on the energy bill. This often happens i... (http://www.YourCongress.com/CongRecLookup.asp?section_id=517266&keyword=Feinstein) ) brings up MSIE. .asp is registered to MS Dev Studio. Did you mean to leave it out? When I click on hyperlinks in MS Word, it always brings up MS IE. I'm running IE 5.50, SP2. I realize this may be a MS or Eudora issue, but I wanted to let you know that the takeover of hyperlinks is not working for me. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: See above: click on hyperlink in another application. For reference, I tried this because when I was using NS (6.2 and earlier) the typical behavior was that two browser windows would open; I would get an error message that it couldn't handle the URL; and the browser would then show it properly.
When I double click on a gif file in Windows Explorer (file browser, not MS Internet Explorer) mozilla launches but is blank. I'm guessing this is the same underlying problem. Also, I notice the icons showing for things Mozilla is handling still have the N for netscape. Should that be?
I'm still seeing this problem with RC2. I'd like to emphasize that this is a major usability issue. I should also mention that I've noticed some problems getting URL's into mozilla from other apps in Linux, so it's possible the problem does not lie in OS-specific code.
This seems to be fixed in the official release 1.0 (2002053012). The other possibility is that the problem was the result of doing installs over old versions. I did an uninstall of the previous Mozilla before installing 1.0. It might be appropriate to close this bug.
Resolving per previous comment.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.