[Telemetry User Story] Preferences

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

defect
P3
normal
RESOLVED INVALID
3 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: chsiang, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

User Story

Updated (2017.4.27) Acceptance Criteria to reflect the latest changes after reorganization 

We know if a user makes changes in below areas separated by bold text titles 
1. Startup
2. Default Search Engine
3. One-Click Search Engines
4. Tabs
5. Accessibility
6. Languages
7. Fonts & Colors
8. Browsing
9. Performance (will land in 55)
10. Downloads
11. Applications
12. Firefox Account
13. Sync Settings
14. Device Name 
15. History
16. Forms & Passwords
17. Tracking Protection
18. Pop-ups
19. Notifications
20. Location Bar
21. Security
22. Certificates
23. DRM Content
24. Container Tabs
25. Connection
26. Cached Web Content
27. Site Data
28. Reports
29. Firefox Updates
Reporter

Description

3 years ago
[User Story]
As a product team, we want to know how many users use "Preferences" and their behaviors so that we can make informed decisions about this feature

[Acceptance Criteria]
1. Out of all the users that are active in a month, we know the % of them who access "Preferences"
2. Out of all the users who access "Preferences" in a month, we know how many times they acess to "Preferences" 
3. We know how many total access to "Preferences" in a month
4. We know the % of users go to "Preferences" by clicking on hamburger menu/ about:home/ menu bar (actively) instead of clicking on buttons in prompts (passively)?
5. For all the users who access to "Preferences" in a month, we know how many go to "General", "Search", "Content", "Applications", "Privacy", "Security", "Sync", and "Advanced"
Reporter

Updated

3 years ago
Blocks: 1328561
Priority: -- → P1
Reporter

Comment 1

2 years ago
Updated Acceptance Criteria

1. We know how much total access to "Preferences" in a month
2. We know the % of users go to "Preferences" by clicking on hamburger menu/ about:home/ menu bar (actively) instead of clicking on buttons in prompts (passively)
3. For all the access to "Preferences" in a month, we know how many changes were made to the following items
1)Startup 
2)Downloads
3)Tabs
4)Default Search Engine 
5)One-Click Search Engines 
6)DRM Content 
7)Notifications 
8)Pop-ups
9)Fonts & Colors
10)Languages, 
11)Applications
12)Use Tracking Protection
13)History
14)Location Bar
15)Container Tabs
16)General
17)Logins 
18)Firefox Account 
19)Sync Across All Devices 
20)Device Name 
21)General
22)Data Choices
23)Network
24)Update
25)Certificates
Flags: needinfo?(fliu)
(In reply to chsiang from comment #0)
> 5. For all the users who access to "Preferences" in a month, we know how
> many go to "General", "Search", "Content", "Applications", "Privacy",
> "Security", "Sync", and "Advanced"
For the above telemetry, the bug 1324167 has done the job. The data can be found through the telemetry ID: FX_PREFERENCES_CATEGORY_OPENED.
See https://telemetry.mozilla.org/new-pipeline/dist.html#!cumulative=0&end_date=2017-03-20&keys=__none__!__none__!__none__&max_channel_version=nightly%252F55&measure=FX_PREFERENCES_CATEGORY_OPENED&min_channel_version=null&processType=*&product=Firefox&sanitize=1&sort_keys=submissions&start_date=2017-03-08&table=0&trim=1&use_submission_date=0
Depends on: 1324167
(In reply to chsiang from comment #1)
> 3. For all the access to "Preferences" in a month, we know how many changes
> were made to the following items
> 1)Startup 
> 2)Downloads
> 3)Tabs
> 4)Default Search Engine 
> 5)One-Click Search Engines 
> 6)DRM Content 
> 7)Notifications 
> 8)Pop-ups
> 9)Fonts & Colors
> 10)Languages, 
> 11)Applications
> 12)Use Tracking Protection
> 13)History
> 14)Location Bar
> 15)Container Tabs
> 16)General
> 17)Logins 
> 18)Firefox Account 
> 19)Sync Across All Devices 
> 20)Device Name 
> 21)General
> 22)Data Choices
> 23)Network
> 24)Update
> 25)Certificates
This part is being tracked in the Bug 1329870 - Add telemetry probe to track which preferences are changed in about:preferences
Depends on: 1329870
(In reply to chsiang from comment #1)
> 2. We know the % of users go to "Preferences" by clicking on hamburger menu/
> about:home/ menu bar (actively) instead of clicking on buttons in prompts (passively)
This part is being handled in the Bug 1329870 - Add telemetry probe to track which preferences are changed in about:preferences
Depends on: 1330315

Updated

2 years ago
Blocks: 1349469
(In reply to chsiang from comment #1)
> Updated Acceptance Criteria
> 
> 1. We know how much total access to "Preferences" in a month
This part is being handled in the Bug 1349469 - Add telemetry probe to track how many times that about:preferences is opened
(In reply to Fischer [:Fischer] from comment #4)
> (In reply to chsiang from comment #1)
> > 2. We know the % of users go to "Preferences" by clicking on hamburger menu/
> > about:home/ menu bar (actively) instead of clicking on buttons in prompts (passively)
Correction:
This part is being handled in the Bug 1330315 - Add a telemetry probe to track how the Preferences are opened

Updated

2 years ago
No longer blocks: 1349469
Depends on: 1349469
Depends on: 1330571
Depends on: 1350267
Depends on: 1350268
Depends on: 1350269
Depends on: 1350270
Depends on: 1350272
Depends on: 1335907
No longer depends on: 1335907
Depends on: 1335907
Filed below bugs because we have the five pages in our new design spec[1].

Bug 1350267 - Telemetry for General page
Bug 1350268 - Telemetry for Downloads & Links page
Bug 1350269 - Telemetry for Firefox Account page
Bug 1350270 - Telemetry for Privacy & Security page
Bug 1350272 - Telemetry for Updates page

[1]: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/P4ACQT1E3#/screens/217167547
We might also need to discuss the priority of each page or each section on the pages.
(In reply to Evan Tseng [:evanxd] from comment #7)
> Filed below bugs because we have the five pages in our new design spec[1].
> 
> Bug 1350267 - Telemetry for General page
> Bug 1350268 - Telemetry for Downloads & Links page
> Bug 1350269 - Telemetry for Firefox Account page
> Bug 1350270 - Telemetry for Privacy & Security page
> Bug 1350272 - Telemetry for Updates page
> 
> [1]: https://mozilla.invisionapp.com/share/P4ACQT1E3#/screens/217167547
Since the Preferences Reorg (bug 1335907) is going to complete, in order not to bring more complexity and extra unnecessary works on code merge/migration. The rest of telemetry probes will be added after the Reorg job.

Updated

2 years ago
Flags: needinfo?(fliu)
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1331544
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330578
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330591
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330887
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330911
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330913
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330922
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330923
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Duplicate of this bug: 1330925
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Summary: [Telemetry User Story] Preference → [Telemetry User Story] Preferences
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Whiteboard: [photon-preference]
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
Priority: P1 → P2
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
User Story: (updated)
Reporter

Updated

2 years ago
User Story: (updated)
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Whiteboard: [photon-preference]
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.