For bugs in Firefox Desktop, the Mozilla Foundation's web browser. For Firefox user interface issues in menus, developer tools, bookmarks, location bar, and preferences. Many Firefox bugs will either be filed here or in the Core product. (more info)
Created attachment 8832602[details]
[Steps to reproduce]
1. Start Nightly
2. Open GCLI (Shift+F2)
3. Type "he" or "hel", and hit enter
4. Confirm shape of gcli-tooltip / gcli-tooltip-connector
- Shape of gcli-tooltip-connector is square. (Is this intentional?)
- In case of typing "he", gcli-tooltip window has not enough width
- Shape of gcli-tooltip-connector is arrow.
- gcli-tooltip window has enough width.
Created attachment 8864501[details]Bug 1335869 - Add triangular callout to GCLI tooltip
- Callout now changed to a triangle.
- Finally found a way to make the GCLI window 80% of viewport width (80vw).
- overflow-x is now hidden as the output width should be plenty wide enough to display any text.
The implementation is much prettier and works far better than it previously did. It is still not perfect e.g. when the output is scrollable we lose the triangular callout. I believe this was intentional in an effort to fit as much text in the output box as possible.
Review commit: https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/136186/diff/#index_header
See other reviews: https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/136186/
I have to reproduced this bug with Nightly 53.0a1 (2017-02-01) (64-bit) on Windows 7 64 bit;
The Bug's fix is verified on Latest Nightly 55.0a1
Build ID 20170513030205
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0