Tracking protection blocks loading match stats on http://www.lequipe.fr

ASSIGNED
Assigned to

Status

()

P3
normal
ASSIGNED
2 years ago
6 months ago

People

(Reporter: jeremie.biguet, Assigned: karlcow)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [sitewait] tp-needsrepro, URL)

Attachments

(2 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

2 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

Steps to reproduce:

Hello when i go 
http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/match/363729

and i modified 
privacy.trackingprotection.enabled to True


Actual results:

The site dosent load anything


Expected results:

the site load the statistic of team match
(Reporter)

Updated

2 years ago
Component: Untriaged → Tracking Protection
OS: Unspecified → Linux
Hardware: Unspecified → x86_64
(Reporter)

Updated

2 years ago
Keywords: 64bit
(Reporter)

Updated

2 years ago
Keywords: 64bit
Created attachment 8835962 [details]
Working (without tracking protection)
Created attachment 8835963 [details]
Broken (with the tracking protection pref set to true)
Karl, it's unclear to me if the folks from L'Équipe are doing something crazy, or if tracking protection is too aggressive here, do we know people at L'Équipe to check what's up ?
Flags: needinfo?(kdubost)

Updated

2 years ago
Blocks: 1101005
Summary: privacy.trackingprotection.enabled True ? → Tracking protection blocks loading match stats on http://www.lequipe.fr
(Assignee)

Comment 4

2 years ago
So first a bit of analysis. Once the tracking protection is set to true we get.


15:35:01.969 Navigated to http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/match/363729  
15:35:03.084 The resource at “http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/gen_204?id=osd&adk1799727827=p%3A%2C4179%2C0%2C4269%2C1000%2Ctos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Cmtos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Crs%3A%2C3%2Cht%3A%2C0%2Cvt%3A%2C-1&adk3379940514=p%3A%2C3846%2C680%2C4096%2C980%2Ctos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Cmtos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Crs%3A%2C3%2Cht%3A%2C0%2Cvt%3A%2C-1&adk3278062646=p%3A%2C1758%2C680%2C2358%2C980%2Ctos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Cmtos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C0%2Crs%3A%2C3%2Cht%3A%2C0%2Cvt%3A%2C-1&adk2415053004=p%3A%2C700%2C680%2C780%2C980%2Ctos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C28691%2C0%2Cmtos%3A%2C0%2C0%2C0%2C25904%2C25904%2Crs%3A%2C3%2Cht%3A%2C0%2Ctfs%3A%2C19133%2Ctls%3A%2C66450%2Cvt%3A%2C-1&adk1327510356=p%3A%2C119%2C0%2C209%2C1000%2Ctos%3A%2C0%2C11180%2C4264%2C0%2C0%2Cmtos%3A%2C0%2C11180%2C15444%2C15444%2C15444%2Crs%3A%2C3%2Cht%3A%2C0%2Ctfs%3A%2C527%2Ctls%3A%2C23757%2Cvt%3A%2C19133&r=u&bs=795,1082&bos=840,1200&ps=1320,23003&ss=1920,1200&tt=42858&pt=23594&deb=1-5-5-111-35-185&tvt=47298&avms=geo” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:03.316 The resource at “http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:03.930 The resource at “http://widgets.outbrain.com/outbrain.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:04.150 The resource at “http://connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/all.js#xfbml=1” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:05.960 The resource at “http://pq-direct.revsci.net/pql?placementIdList=fUMLTX,OsJ5KK,H28C8Q,NOgPLg,Jrc61P&cb=1487140504924” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:05.961 The resource at “http://js.revsci.net/gateway/gw.js?csid=F09828&auto=t&bpid=amaury” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:05.962 The resource at “http://lpm-amaury.nuggad.net/rc?nuggn=1218387167&nuggsid=977061605&nuggtg=sport&nuggrid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lequipe.fr%2FFootball%2Fmatch%2F363729” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:06.435 The resource at “https://static.criteo.net/js/px.js?ch=1” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:06.666 The resource at “http://js.revsci.net/gateway/gw.js?csid=F09828&auto=t&bpid=amaury” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:06.672 ggogleId == /366560878/LEQUIPE/SITE-DESKTOP/FOOTBALL_LIGUE_1/LIVE  363729:667:17
15:35:06.712 The resource at “http://www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:06.712 The resource at “http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:08.077 The resource at “http://widgets.outbrain.com/outbrain.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:08.100 The resource at “http://cstatic.weborama.fr/iframe/customers/premium.html?idEditeur=1176&idSite=260” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:08.107 The resource at “http://vra.outbrain.com/vrs.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:08.112 The resource at “http://cstatic.weborama.fr/js/wam/customers/wamfactory_dpm.lequipe.min.js?rnd=1487140507241” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:08.113 The resource at “http://connect.facebook.net/fr_FR/all.js#xfbml=1” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:10.416 OUTER EDITO CONTENT IS NOT THERE  363729:2381:13
15:35:10.684 ReferenceError: FB is not defined[Learn More]  global_v65-cch-20170214025003.js:1659:9
15:35:10.884 The resource at “http://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:10.889 The resource at “http://widgets.outbrain.com/outbrain.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:14.852 The resource at “http://logc215.xiti.com/hit.xiti?s=492987&ts=1487140514750&vtag=5.2.3&ptag=js&r=1920x1200x24x24&re=795x1082&hl=15x35x14&lng=en-US&idp=1535142434059&jv=0&at=&ac=&p=ligue_1::live::bordeaux_psg_363729&s2=6&x13=[nonabonnee]&x17=[ligue_1]&x18=[football]&x21=[live_commente]&x22=2&x23=1&x28=[live]&x30=363729&x31=[termine]&ref=” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729
15:35:15.108 Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated.  Use defaultPrevented instead.  librairies_v65.js:5:17101
15:35:17.470 This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!  363729
15:35:18.232 The resource at “http://www.google-analytics.com/ga.js” was blocked because tracking protection is enabled.[Learn More]  363729

Not only the content is not loading. The click on tabs is not working anymore. I guess because of analytics tracking.

The data for the stats are put in the box

<div id="relato">…</div>

The stats are
http://www.lequipe.fr/base/football/fiches/matchs/729/363729.json

… ah… there is  a script to test if the different trackers are loaded.
https://mattoon.nahuntaveradale.com/blest.js



          triggerStatsAnalytics: function triggerStatsAnalytics(value) {
            this.on('load', function () {
              if (GAnalytics.exist()) {
                GAnalytics.setDimension(1, Adblock.status());
                this.trigger(this.getTagData({
                  id: value,
                  value: GAnalytics.notBlocked(),
                  type: 'GAnalytics'
                }))
              }
              if (Ghostery.present()) {
                this.trigger(this.getTagData({
                  id: value,
                  value: + Ghostery.present(),
                  type: 'Ghostery'
                }))
              }
              if (Xiti.exists()) {
                this.trigger(this.getTagData({
                  id: value,
                  value: + Xiti.notBlocked(),
                  type: 'Xiti'
                }))
              }
              if (Gemius.exists()) {
                this.trigger(this.getTagData({
                  id: value,
                  value: + Gemius.notBlocked(),
                  type: 'Gemius'
                }))
              }
              if (constants._sitePerformanceEntriesEnabled && 'object' == _typeof(global.performance) && 'function' == typeof global.performance.getEntries) {
                this.trigger(this.getTagData({
                  id: value,
                  value: global.performance.getEntries().length,
                  type: 'Performance_Entries'
                }))
              }
              if (constants._listsUseEnabled && global.adback.adBlocked) {
                Lists.run(constants._lists, value)
              }
            }.bind(this))
          },



We could try to go deeper and try to find the exact source of the blocking. Though sincerely, it looks like a business decision and that's understandable. :) 

I could ping François Boury about it :)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/francoisboury/

I'll send a quick email.
Assignee: nobody → kdubost
Status: UNCONFIRMED → ASSIGNED
Ever confirmed: true
Flags: needinfo?(kdubost)
(Assignee)

Comment 5

2 years ago
I sent an email to François Boury.
Whiteboard: [sitewait]
A while ago, I filed bug 1294806. Is it a dupe ? (I believe so)
Duplicate of this bug: 1294806
(Assignee)

Comment 8

2 years ago
They are investigating.
Priority: -- → P5
Whiteboard: [sitewait] → [sitewait] tp-base
Component: Tracking Protection → Desktop
Priority: P5 → --
Product: Firefox → Tech Evangelism
Version: 54 Branch → unspecified
Still happening.
Tested on 58.0a1 with TP enabled. TP is still blocking the page content.
Priority: -- → P5
Component: Desktop → Tracking Protection
Priority: P5 → P3
Product: Tech Evangelism → Firefox
Whiteboard: [sitewait] tp-base → [sitewait] tp-needsrepro
I think this works now.
Ah no sorry, it still doesn't, clicking on "avant-match" does nothing.
Julienw, the fact that the tabs are not working, is not a TP issue. I have opened an issue for this on webcompat.com: https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/18174

However, I am reluctant to close this one until the other bug is fixed. Maybe some defect masking happening here.
I think it works now, I can click all tabs.
The issue is still reproducible on my side, on a fresh profile, in Firefox Nightly 63, on Windows 10.
Strangely it doesn't work anymore today for me either. Maybe there's a race.
(In reply to Sergiu Logigan [:sergiu] from comment #13)
> Julienw, the fact that the tabs are not working, is not a TP issue. I have
> opened an issue for this on webcompat.com:
> https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/18174
> 
> However, I am reluctant to close this one until the other bug is fixed.
> Maybe some defect masking happening here.

Why do you say it's not a TP issue? When I disable TP it works fine (after waiting that everything is loaded).
(In reply to Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] from comment #17)

> Why do you say it's not a TP issue? When I disable TP it works fine (after
> waiting that everything is loaded).

I was referring to the fact that the tabs (LE MATCH, AVANT-MATCH, RÉS - CLASS, STATS) are not working.

Maybe the fact that the statistics are not displayed (the original report) it's a TP issue, but since the tabs are not working, we cannot test this bug yet, until https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/18174 is fixed.

https://bug1338483.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8835962 shows that the issue is under the "AVANT-MATCH" tab, which we cannot access at this moment.
Yes I'm referring to the same issue; the original description doesn't seem to apply anymore.
When I disable TP the tabs are working for me.
Something's weird here.
I cannot reproduce this issue under any circumstances on Windows 10 and Firefox Nightly 63.

http://prntscr.com/kln9y2

I did this (not cummulative):

Disabled the TP.
Set the TP to "Only in Private Windows" and then turn it OFF.
Set the privacy.trackingprotection.enabled;false to True and False.
Used a French VPN connection.
Used the uMatrix add-on in order to allow all the resources.
Likely you're in the same state as me in comment 14.

The visible difference I saw is that there seem to be a reload happening, or at least a blank flash. When this happens then it works fine...
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.