WebExtensions Permission match pattern failed to match on port

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

RESOLVED INVALID
a year ago
2 months ago

People

(Reporter: swk.junk, Unassigned)

Tracking

54 Branch

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

a year ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2950.0 Iron Safari/537.36

Steps to reproduce:

I created a WebExtensions with permission match pattern "http://127.0.0.1:1234/". I then added a content script to make a Ajax request to http://127.0.0.1:1234/aaa. Firefox shows no error message, yet the server never received the request. However, when I change the pattern to "http://*/", it works as expected. When the port is the default port, it works as well.


Actual results:

Firefox shows no error message, yet the server never received the request.


Expected results:

A request should be sent.

Comment 1

a year ago
No "port" on https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/Match_patterns.
Component: Untriaged → WebExtensions: Untriaged
Product: Firefox → Toolkit
(In reply to swk.junk from comment #0)
> "http://127.0.0.1:1234/". 

Just omit the port: "http://127.0.0.1/", match patterns don't distinguish on port numbers.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Duplicate of this bug: 1371950

Updated

2 months ago
Product: Toolkit → WebExtensions
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.