Webextension "identity" permission

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
2 years ago
a year ago

People

(Reporter: vitaly, Assigned: mstriemer)

Tracking

Details

(Whiteboard: [specification][type:bug])

(Reporter)

Description

2 years ago
What did you do?
================
1. Following instructions from https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/identity
---
To use this API, you must have the "identity" API permission.
--
2. I added "identity" to the permissions list.
3. Check my extension with "web-ext lint".

What happened?
==============
I got this message:
WARNINGS:

Code                   Message                                        Description                                                   File            Line   Column
MANIFEST_PERMISSIONS   /permissions: Unknown permissions "identity"   See https://mzl.la/1R1n1t0 (MDN Docs) for more information.   manifest.json                


What should have happened?
==========================
I think the "identity" permission will be defined.

Is there anything else we should know?
======================================
This doesn't relate to MDN's API, so moving to Developer Documentation:Add-ons. It is also possible that this should be filed against addons-linter, which is generating the warning:

https://github.com/mozilla/addons-linter
Component: API → Add-ons
Product: Mozilla Developer Network → Developer Documentation
I've filed: https://github.com/mozilla/addons-linter/issues/1253.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
(Assignee)

Comment 3

2 years ago
The linter supports this permission now but we need to update web-ext to use the latest version of the linter. This is tracked in web-ext now at https://github.com/mozilla/web-ext/issues/930.
(Assignee)

Updated

2 years ago
Assignee: nobody → mstriemer
(Assignee)

Comment 4

a year ago
This is now fixed in web-ext.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.