|Submitter||Diff||Changes||Open Issues||Last Updated|
|Error loading review requests:|
59 bytes, text/x-review-board-request
|Details | Review|
The phrase "Browser all Firefox Add-ons" is hardcoded in aboutAddons.properties: http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/mobile/android/locales/en-US/chrome/aboutAddons.properties addons.browseAll=Browse all Firefox Add-ons This should be using the brand substitutions (brand.properties or brand.dtd). Or it should just say "Browser all Add-ons"
Not sure who can review this. I chose the second solution as the overhead of reading the brand file is not worth it IMHO.
We should probably have UX review just for sanity. Code looks good for me and I can checkin. Thank you!
Thanks for the NI! Could I get some context here? Is it supposed to say "Browse"? or "Browser"? I'm also going to NI Philip here since he's UX on Add-ons!
Flags: needinfo?(alam) → needinfo?(pwalmsley)
alam/ux - There's a string in the addons manager that states "browse all Firefox addons". Because we have different brands (e.g. Nightly, Aurora) and other builds that may not use official brands, we shouldn't use the Firefox brand in that string. Desktop uses "Browse all add-ons", and agree that the patch above which uses that phrasing is preferable (to Product) to remove the reference to Firefox. This is also likely a l10n bug, however, as it will have to be localized.
Comment on attachment 8869566 [details] Bug 1360260 - aboutAddons.properties hardcodes Firefox https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/141144/#review144730 ::: mobile/android/locales/en-US/chrome/aboutAddons.properties:11 (Diff revision 1) > addonType.theme=Theme > addonType.locale=Locale > > addonStatus.uninstalled=%S will be uninstalled after restart. > > -addons.browseAll=Browse all Firefox Add-ons > +addons.browseAll=Browse all Add-ons You need to change the entity name when changing the string so other locales pick up the change.
Entity name here is "addons.browseAll"? I tried to find some documentation how localization works at mozilla firefox.
(In reply to friedger from comment #8) > Entity name here is "addons.browseAll"? I tried to find some documentation > how localization works at mozilla firefox. Yes that's right. You'll need to change that (addons.browserAllAddons for example) and change it in the calling code that retrieves the string.
FYI, here's the documentation on this https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Localization/Localization_content_best_practices#Changing_existing_strings
Per policy at https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bug_Triage/Projects/Bug_Handling/Bug_Husbandry#Inactive_Bugs. If this bug is not an enhancement request or a bug not present in a supported release of Firefox, then it may be reopened.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 months ago
Resolution: --- → INACTIVE
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: INACTIVE → ---
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.