Caught this in the profiler: https://perfht.ml/2qxtwyG Looks like we're stat-ing a file on the main thread. http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/ae8c2e2354db652950fe0ec16983360c21857f2a/toolkit/components/places/PlacesDBUtils.jsm#900-906 There are a file other places in PlacesDBUtils.jsm where it looks like we're accessing the fileSize of various files. We should try to avoid those.
This is _probably_ only on idle-daily, which I guess is the least-bad place to do this... ni'ing myself to make sure that's the case.
we collect telemetry on the gather-telemetry topic, that is currently fired on idle-daily, but that will change with bug 1127907. Most of the PlacesDBUtils code is old and ugly, it should be rewritten with modern async/await, Sqlite.jsm and OS.File.
Whiteboard: [qf][photon-performance] → [qf-][photon-performance]
Priority: P2 → P3
Whiteboard: [qf-][photon-performance] → [qf-][reserve-photon-performance]
I fixed this in a recent refactoring using OS.File.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
For reference, that recent refactoring appears to have taken place in bug 1346554.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.