https://treeherder.mozilla.org/logviewer.html#?job_id=104298399&repo=mozilla-inbound https://treeherder.mozilla.org/logviewer.html#?job_id=104293369&repo=mozilla-inbound [task 2017-06-03T17:02:26.058827Z] 17:02:26 INFO - TEST-START | docshell/test/browser/browser_history_triggeringprincipal_viewsource.js [task 2017-06-03T17:03:11.118112Z] 17:03:11 INFO - TEST-INFO | started process screentopng [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.178757Z] 17:03:12 INFO - TEST-INFO | screentopng: exit 0 [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.189377Z] 17:03:12 INFO - Buffered messages logged at 17:02:26 [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.189654Z] 17:03:12 INFO - Entering test bound [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.191404Z] 17:03:12 INFO - load baseline html in new tab [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.193281Z] 17:03:12 INFO - Buffered messages finished [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.197291Z] 17:03:12 INFO - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | docshell/test/browser/browser_history_triggeringprincipal_viewsource.js | Test timed out - [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.199869Z] 17:03:12 INFO - GECKO(3721) | MEMORY STAT | vsize 2200MB | residentFast 248MB | heapAllocated 109MB [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.202423Z] 17:03:12 INFO - TEST-OK | docshell/test/browser/browser_history_triggeringprincipal_viewsource.js | took 45103ms [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.207237Z] 17:03:12 INFO - Not taking screenshot here: see the one that was previously logged [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.213122Z] 17:03:12 INFO - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | docshell/test/browser/browser_history_triggeringprincipal_viewsource.js | Found a tab after previous test timed out: about:blank - [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.215614Z] 17:03:12 INFO - checking window state [task 2017-06-03T17:03:12.218982Z] 17:03:12 INFO - TEST-START | docshell/test/browser/browser_loadDisallowInherit.js [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.561554Z] 17:03:56 INFO - Not taking screenshot here: see the one that was previously logged [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.566207Z] 17:03:56 INFO - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | docshell/test/browser/browser_loadDisallowInherit.js | Test timed out - [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.646683Z] 17:03:56 INFO - GECKO(3721) | MEMORY STAT | vsize 2199MB | residentFast 245MB | heapAllocated 107MB [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.657274Z] 17:03:56 INFO - TEST-OK | docshell/test/browser/browser_loadDisallowInherit.js | took 45193ms [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.738425Z] 17:03:56 INFO - checking window state [task 2017-06-03T17:03:56.847022Z] 17:03:56 INFO - TEST-START | docshell/test/browser/browser_loadURI.js [task 2017-06-03T17:04:41.925494Z] 17:04:41 INFO - Not taking screenshot here: see the one that was previously logged [task 2017-06-03T17:04:41.929224Z] 17:04:41 INFO - TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | docshell/test/browser/browser_loadURI.js | Test timed out -
we didn't get to triaging this last week, and now 2 weeks of high failure rates, mostly on linux debug. This seemed to have started around June 3rd. :overholt, can you get someone from the document navigation team to take a look at this timeout in the next week?
Whiteboard: [stockwell needswork]
Maybe Samael has time to take a look?
Flags: needinfo?(overholt) → needinfo?(sawang)
This is confusing... I didn't find this message in the test failure log: http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/7cc377ce3f0a569c5c9b362d589705cd4fecc0ac/docshell/test/browser/browser_history_triggeringprincipal_viewsource.js#11 So it wasn't able to even load the first URI...?
that does seem confusing- could we be loading the URL and not sending events to moving into the test somehow? Are there custom prefs with this set of tests?
Looked at BrowserTestUtils it's just some normal promise chain eventually waiting on a message, and that message only requires onload event: http://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/ae94cfb36d804727dfb38f2750bfcaab4621df6e/testing/mochitest/BrowserTestUtils/content/content-utils.js#11 The only case I can think of is that for some reason it loaded the error page... Still super confuing to me. Let me try if I can find some clues.
Assignee: nobody → sawang
Whiteboard: [stockwell needswork] → [stockwell unknown]
I sometimes encounter a strange symptom on nightly, that clicking a link may result in a blank tab with no loading progress indicator, and reload button takes no effect. It's still a mystery to me, but I'm thinking there's another bug related to page loading that causes this test failure.
This has been too difficult to reproduce recently that I couldn't make any progress, and according to the last 3 comments above it only happens on release branch now so it's likely already fixed by other bugs. I'll stop working on this bug (unless this failure raises again).
Assignee: sawang → nobody
Based on comment 21, moving to P5 with the hopes this will just stop happening entirely :)
Priority: -- → P5
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.