Firefox doesn't remember password for united.com

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 1322673

Status

()

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 1322673
a year ago
a year ago

People

(Reporter: ekr, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

a year ago
Firefox does know that I have a password and offers to fill it in, but it actually remembers an old password. I have logged in an entered the new password and set update but it doesn't seem to remember it nor does it show up as saved (by date) in the saved logins.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

a year ago
To clarify: it does offer to update the password and I agree, but no joy.
Component: Password Manager → Password Manager: Site Compatibility
IIUC, you're seeing the doorhanger to update the login but clicking "Update" doesn't change the storage? What page are you typing the new password in? Can you set the pref signon.debug=True and see if there are any errors or warnings in your log using the instructions from https://wiki.mozilla.org/Toolkit:Password_Manager/Debugging.  Updating works for me on https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/account/account/signin

There was an existing bug report about problems with updating when a login was previously saved over the http schema but we are now filling it on https… To see if that's the problem, can you check the scheme of the hostname and formSubmitURL for your saved united.com logins by including the output of the following command which can be run from the Browser Console:

Services.logins.getAllLogins().filter(login => login.hostname.endsWith("united.com")).map(login => `${login.hostname} ${login.formSubmitURL}`).join("\n")

Thanks
Flags: needinfo?(ekr)
(Reporter)

Comment 3

a year ago
(In reply to Matthew N. [:MattN] (huge backlog; PM if requests are blocking you) from comment #2)
> IIUC, you're seeing the doorhanger to update the login but clicking "Update"
> doesn't change the storage? 

Yes.

> What page are you typing the new password in?

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/


> Can you set the pref signon.debug=True and see if there are any errors or
> warnings in your log using the instructions from
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Toolkit:Password_Manager/Debugging. 

I'm guessing this:
Unexpected match of multiple logins.  nsLoginManagerPrompter.js:961
	persistData jar:file:///Applications/FirefoxNightly.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/nsLoginManagerPrompter.js:961:9
	callback jar:file:///Applications/FirefoxNightly.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/nsLoginManagerPrompter.js:975:9
	_onButtonEvent resource://gre/modules/PopupNotifications.jsm:1461:9
	oncommand chrome://browser/content/browser.xul:1:1



> Updating works
> for me on https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/account/account/signin

It doesn't work for me there either.


> There was an existing bug report about problems with updating when a login
> was previously saved over the http schema but we are now filling it on
> https… To see if that's the problem, can you check the scheme of the
> hostname and formSubmitURL for your saved united.com logins by including the
> output of the following command which can be run from the Browser Console:
> 
> Services.logins.getAllLogins().filter(login =>
> login.hostname.endsWith("united.com")).map(login => `${login.hostname}
> ${login.formSubmitURL}`).join("\n")

Services.logins.getAllLogins().filter(login => login.hostname.endsWith("united.com")).map(login => `${login.hostname} ${login.formSubmitURL}`).join("\n")
nsLoginManager:Getting a list of all logins  nsLoginManager.js:335
Login storage:_searchLogins: returning 108 logins for Object {  } with options Object { schemeUpgrades: false }  storage-json.js:359
Login storage:_getAllLogins: returning 108 logins.  storage-json.js:232
"http://www.united.com https://www.united.com
https://www.united.com https://www.united.com"
Flags: needinfo?(ekr)
Excellent. That helps a lot. This is in fact a dupe of bug 1322673. Now we just need pwmgr to get resources to fix the P1s…
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: a year ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 1322673
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.