From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.0rc1) Gecko/20020417 BuildID: 2002041711 Mozilla 0.99 and 1rc1 display question marks instead of hebrew characters on MacOS 9.1 US with Hebrew Language Kit installed. In Preferences->Fonts all fonts set to Arial Hebrew that comes with the Language Kit. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Get MacOS 9.1 US, install Hebrew Language Kit that comes with MacOS 9.1 2.Get Mozilla 1rc1 3.Set Hebrew fonts in Preferences. 4. Go to any hebrew page. Actual Results: All hebrew text appears as question marks. Expected Results: Should see hebrew characters in selected font.
Shoshannah: do you know if this is a dupe of something?
Confrim it on my Mac 10.1.3 too. Seems it display fine on Windows and linux.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
OK, about this bug: The page displayes OK on my mac 9.2 + Hebrew language kit. However, I did notice some regressions in build 2002041508 that might be related. From my (unanswered post) in mozillai18n: "I just upgeraded to the latest daily for mac 9.2.2 (build id 2002041508), and I noticed that: * initially, all hebrew in web pages showed question marks instead of Hebrew. When I changed the Hebrew font settings from Arial hebrew to Raanana this seemed to get fixed. *Alsmot all the Hebrew in the UI displayes as question marks: basicly, everything execpt Hebrew names in the bookmarks mene (but only when viewed from main UI). This includeds Hebrew font names in the font lists in the prefrences, Hebrew on the personal toolbar etc. this also happens with Tab titles (in addition to the known bug about window titles)- I can not read a Hebrew page's title, regardless of where I view it (tab or window). Those used to display Hebrew fine in the preivos build I had (from around April 8th). Also, just after installing Mozilla, I got a crash on startup every time, until I tossed the Mozilla folder from the documents folder. Sometalkback IDs: TB5252428X TB5252423Y TB5252408Z TB5252352Z TB5252347Z Anyone one else see these issues? Are there bugs open for them already, or should I file some mayself?" That build is still very unstable on my system, and crashes freqnelty on startup (even after the new profile).
Registering Mozilla to "Hebrew" using Language Register application helps. Now I can see hebrew characters. However as a side effect the menus changed their direction to RTL which is a bit weird. The "Go" menu displays the page title in hebrew although window title bar still shows question marks. The earlier Mozilla version (~0.93-0.95) and Netscape 6.1-6.2 are ok with hebrew characters even without registering application to "Hebrew".
assign to simon for now. simon: if you think someone else should own this bug; please reasssign.
Assignee: yokoyama → smontagu
mac problem go to me or nhotta.
Assignee: smontagu → ftang
anyone want to work on this are welcome to take this bug. We won't spend time to fix it.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: --- → Future
macos9- bug, mark it as wontfix
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
Mark as verified per comment above.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.