Monitoring is being requested for the Vending machines residing at the following office Please work with Jen and Mike Poessy to get technical data on the machines Jen/Mike we will need some of the following information: Name of Service Scenario: What this system or service would trigger for support (examples) Event Source: Where the trigger would come from (nagios alert, bugzilla ticket, vendor email) What the requesting team will be responsible for What the MOC will be responsible for Any relevant SLA or other metrics Escalation and Support plan Deliverables and timelines for the request Runbook (Runbooks definition) templates will be provided and jointly authored by a MOC representative and a representative of the requesting team Internal System or Service Runbook Template: Runbook Template (this is an excerpt from https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/MOC/How+to+request+MOC+support+for+a+new+production+system+or+service We will get this set up as quickly as possible, is there a target date for completion. THanks so much, Linda
Assignee: rchilds → nobody
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Picking this back up, awaiting details so we can proceed.
Assignee: nobody → rchilds
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Hi Shraddha - We spoke about this in January and I am trying to validate that we did not already complete this work. We are looking for tghe bug but if we are already monitoring this flow I will update. Thank you so much Linda
(In reply to Linda Ypulong [:unixfairy] from comment #2) > Hi Shraddha - > > We spoke about this in January and I am trying to validate that we did not > already complete this work. We are looking for tghe bug but if we are > already monitoring this flow I will update. > > Thank you so much > Linda HI Linda, Thanks for bringing this across. Ill coordinate with Jen to provide necessary details aforementioned for moving this. I don't remember a bug already in place but this one is best to track the work.
I have a question, which part do we want to monitor? There are a lot of moving pieces to the vending machines can you help me understand which part we are concerned about? 1) Ccure --> badge information to IVM so that only active badges can vend? 2) Transaction data to Data Team? 3) Data Team transaction data to Service Now to create the ticket?
(In reply to Jennifer Hayashi [:jen] from comment #4) > I have a question, which part do we want to monitor? There are a lot of > moving pieces to the vending machines can you help me understand which part > we are concerned about? > > 1) Ccure --> badge information to IVM so that only active badges can vend? > 2) Transaction data to Data Team? > 3) Data Team transaction data to Service Now to create the ticket? Normally we want to monitor all parts above and have runbooks for the different components so we understand how critical the component is so we can develop appropriate responses ie try this and if it does not work page immediately to this person or please open a bug or service now ticket if this alert is received. I hope that helps - but all critical functions you listed should be monitored
Jen/Shraddha/Mike do we have architectural diagrams that show the hardware and dataflow for the Vending machine solution?
Not from start to finish. Do you have an good example you can share? I'll work on getting that completed.
(In reply to Jennifer Hayashi [:jen] from comment #7) > Not from start to finish. Do you have an good example you can share? I'll > work on getting that completed. https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/SECURITY/IAM#IAM-Designarchitectureanddiagrams https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/EA/Moztrap+Architecture https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/display/SYSADMIN/How+our+puppet+works are three examples A good architecture diagram will include the physical architecture diagram with system names and IP and then a separate diagram that has logical data flows
Awesome - thanks Linda.
Taking bug. Richard gave us some good background on some of the monitoring concerns so I'll schedule a meeting with the various folks in this bug to chat about what the needs are and what we can provide.
Assignee: rchilds → kferrando
Keegan - let me know if that's too high level and you need more detail.
(In reply to Linda Ypulong [:unixfairy] from comment #6) > Jen/Shraddha/Mike do we have architectural diagrams that show the hardware > and dataflow for the Vending machine solution? Second the diagram Jen attached. Its well descriptive and can work back with Jen if additional info needed. Thanks!
Meeting scheduled for Friday (8/18) @ 1PM PDT.
Created attachment 8900863 [details] VendingMachineMonitoring-ProcessFlow.png Jen/Shraddha, does this marked up diagram look correct based upon our meeting? Specifically, I'd like to confirm the colored areas of ownership and comments I've added are accurate. Shraddha, I'll work with you to figure out which files need to be monitored on the BrickFTP server.
The area marked on my end and the architecture diagram overall looks correct to me.
yup! looks good to me. Thank you!
Ok great! So MOC will only be monitoring file uploads to BrickFTP and then we'll close this bug. I chatted with Shraddha and we will put some Nagios monitoring in place for the following conditions: File #1 Path: Root Folder/etl/ivm Filename: Mozilla_CorporationYYYY_MM_DD_XX_XX_XX.xml Summary: Where the date is current date and XX are randon numbers in filename but it has to be an xml file. The file lands at 2:00am Pacific File #2 Path: Root Folder/etl/ccure/uploads/BadgeID Filename: ccure_BadgeID_AllButVendor.txt Summary: Lands at 2:02am Pacific, Boomi processes run 10-20 mins later after the file lands
Also, we'll restrict checking/alerting on this for Mon-Fri, business hours PDT and send to email@example.com.
(In reply to Keegan Ferrando [:fauweh] from comment #19) > Also, we'll restrict checking/alerting on this for Mon-Fri, business hours > PDT and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. One correction: restrict checking/alerting on this for Tue-Fri, business hours PDT Since file doesn't land on weekends, Sun and Mon will show no files which is as expected.
Bulk change per https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1417607
QA Contact: lypulong → kferrando
Changing default QA contact per https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1431393
QA Contact: kferrando → mcristofi
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.