Created attachment 8899827 [details] searchbar-bug.png User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:57.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/57.0 Build ID: 20170821100350 Steps to reproduce: Right-clicked Firefox toolbar -> Customize. Dragged search bar off the toolbar and into the customize window panel. Actual results: The search bar, when resting among the unused buttons / icons, gets covered by the next icon to the right. Expected results: The search bar should push the next icon away to the right, maintaining the correct spacing.
Setting importance to "blocker" since I doubt Firefox 57 can ship with this bug.
(In reply to David Naylor from comment #1) > Setting importance to "blocker" since I doubt Firefox 57 can ship with this > bug. That's not how release blocking works on this bugtracker, so I've reverted this and requested tracking for this release. (In reply to David Naylor from comment #0) > Right-clicked Firefox toolbar -> Customize. Dragged search bar off the > toolbar and into the customize window panel. > > > Actual results: > > The search bar, when resting among the unused buttons / icons, gets covered > by the next icon to the right. I can't reproduce this, testing with the same nightly, also on win10. Can you reproduce on a clean profile? ( https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles ) Also, this looks like a localized build. If you can reproduce on a clean profile, can you check if you can reproduce on an en-US build? In some cases we allow localizations to set sizes for things (because different languages sometimes need more / less space for a given label), and I'm curious if that plays a role here.
Trying to reproduce at home. Tried clean profile with sv-SE locale, no problem there. Tried my regular profile with addons both disabled and enabled, no problem there either. Will try again on my work laptop, where I originally saw this weirdness. Presumably some extension causing it, I guess.
In safe mode (addons disabled) the problem is gone on my work laptop as well. Setting RESOLVED WFM. Sry for not testing this properly to begin with.
(In reply to David Naylor from comment #4) > In safe mode (addons disabled) the problem is gone on my work laptop as > well. Setting RESOLVED WFM. Sry for not testing this properly to begin with. NP! Just to be really sure, I take it you're using non-webextension add-ons? If webextension add-ons can cause this we likely still need to fix it. :-)
I tried to narrow down which extension was causing this, but I have now manually disabled all addons which were enabled to begin with (and restarted) and the bug still persists. There are also a number of legacy addons which have been automatically disabled. The compatible addons that I have manually disabled are: - Don't **** with paste - Google search link fix - Keepa - Amazon Price Tracker - Secure Password Generator - Show me the password! On focus - snoozetabs - Test pilot The incompatible addons which were already automatically disabled: - Context Search - Den stora svenska ordlistan - Dictionary Switcher - Enable Tracking Protection - enter-selects - FindBar Tweak - I don't care about cookies - Lazarus: Form Recovery - Pure URL - Saved Password Editor - Youtube High Definition - Youtube without DASH Playback Surely the automatically disabled addons are just as disabled as the manually disabled ones? I'm also trying to think if I had some kind of width setting for the search bar in about:config, but I've searched for "width" and not found any setting that might be interfering.
If you copy xulstore.json from the profile where it's broken to a clean one (while Firefox is closed) and then start the formerly clean profile, can you reproduce there?
And yes, disabled == disabled. If the xulstore.json thing doesn't turn something up, I wonder if you could use the browser toolbox ( https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Browser_Toolbox ) to inspect what's going on and/or copy the relevant markup. Still curious how/when this is broken. It's still possible there's some edgecase we need to fix. :-)
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried moving my old xulstore.json to a new profile, but things looked just fine (using the new profile). I also tried enabling the browser toolbox and poking around in the inspector. Tried to look for any differences in the CSS code for the different nodes/objects in the customize panel, but I couldn't find anything at all that looked fishy. I looked at margins, display, float, and more. Not sure if I can copy anything that is meaningful, but here's the searchbar outer HTML: <toolbarpaletteitem xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul" place="palette" id="wrapper-search-container" title="Search" tooltiptext="Search" flex="100" removable="true" context="customizationPaletteItemContextMenu"><toolbaritem id="search-container" title="Search" align="center" class="chromeclass-toolbar-additional panel-wide-item" flex="100" persist="width" removable="true"><searchbar id="searchbar" flex="1" addengines="true"/></toolbaritem></toolbarpaletteitem> Let me know if there is anything more I can do. I will perhaps have another go at using the browser toolbox.
Adjusting tracking flag based on the on the resolution of this bug.