If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Frameset resize not working deterministic

RESOLVED INCOMPLETE

Status

()

Core
Layout: HTML Frames
P4
major
RESOLVED INCOMPLETE
16 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: Gottfried Ganßauge, Assigned: John Keiser (jkeiser))

Tracking

Trunk
Future
x86
Windows 2000
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
When clicking "Resize Frames" the top frame should resize to the amount 
provided in the text field and the text "Frame height should be <height> now" 
should appear in that frame.
On first click the resize works but the text doesn't appear.
On the second click the text appears.
If you afterwards change the value in the text field and click "Resize Frames" 
again nothing happens at all.
In our application this even makes the browser freeze completely but I could 
not reproduce this behaviour in a simple test case.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

16 years ago
The build-ID of Mozilla is 2002041711.
The problem can always be reproduced.

Comment 2

16 years ago
Confirmed Win2k 2002042206-1.0 branch.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true

Comment 3

16 years ago
Also happens on Win98SE 2002042206-1.0.0. Any other OSes? Anyone? Bueller?
(Reporter)

Comment 4

16 years ago
It is also reproducible under FreeBSD 4.5 with Build 2002042016
(Reporter)

Comment 5

16 years ago
On several occasions I got the following message in the Javascript console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 
0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIDOMRange.selectNodeContents]" 
nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location "JSFrame :: 
htp://gglinux/hso_franky/3CC7FB17/css.js :: anonymous :: line 179" data: no]

Unfortunately I haven't found a method to reproduce this behaviour, and I 
haven't seen it with RC2.

With RC2 i got a slightly different behaviour with respect to Javascript 
console:
In RC1 it used to show messages like 
    Error: setting a property that has only a getter
    Source file: <some file>
    Line: <some line>
In RC2 it doesn't show messages like this in Javascript console but instead in 
Venkman it shows messages like
    Error ``setting a property that has only a getter'' [xs] in file ``
(null)'', line 0, character 0.

Those appear at the same actions where the messages in the javascript console 
used to appear.

Updated

15 years ago
Priority: -- → P4
Bulk moving P1-P5 un-milestoned bugs to future. 
Target Milestone: --- → Future
The url has gone, so I'm marking this incomplete. If someone could restore the testcase that would be great.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.