From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0+) Gecko/20020428 BuildID: 2002042808 Page's (http://www.vtex.lt/sagu/eb.php) info window shows wrong page encoding, no matter <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=Windows-1257"> is used. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.goto http://www.vtex.lt/sagu/eb.php 2.Ctrl+I or View->Page Info or Right-mouse -> View Page info Actual Results: Page info window shows "Encoding:" KOI-8R ,while meta "Content-Type" shows Windows-1257. Expected Results: Encoding should be Windows-1257
*** Bug 140932 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
->Page Info (maybe il8n)
Assignee: harishd → db48x
Component: Parser → Page Info
QA Contact: moied → pmac
WFM, a Linux CVS trunk build from today.
Um... Page info shows KOI-8. So does the charset submenu in the view menu... So while we're showing the page as Windows-1257 (as can be verified by manually changing it to KOI-8 via the View menu), the document _thinks_ it's in KOI-8. Sounds like the content sink is not propagating charset info back correctly or something... over to intl (this happens on Linux too, by the way).
Assignee: db48x → yokoyama
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Page Info → Internationalization
Ever confirmed: true
OS: Windows 2000 → All
QA Contact: pmac → ruixu
Hardware: PC → All
I can not reproduce this - the page info. for: http://www.vtex.lt/sagu/eb.php is showing windows 1257 on 04-29 branch build.
The problem persists with build 0430, though...
cannot reproduce with 2002041814 windod trunk build on en winme
I think, it is something related with a form on the page. There are 2 more pages: http://www.vtex.lt/sagu/ebwf.php - Page without form, everything OK and http://www.vtex.lt/sagu/ebcf.php - Page with commented form(see source), encoding is wrong
Both of them display as windows 1257 in page info. for me.
I've found the "problem". I had character autodetection(View->Character Coding->Auto-Detect) set as Russian. When I set autodetection - OFF, everythings work just fine. Question - is it right behaviour? I think no matter what autodetection is set, encoding specified on the page must be used !
>is it right behaviour? I think no matter >what autodetection is set, encoding specified on the page must be used ! Your answer is correct. Auto Detection is a fallback when it's on. Specified encoding in the page takes precedence. cc shanjian
So, this is a auto-detect Russian problem, not a Page info. problem - charset is marked as koi8-r in both charset menu and page info. Change the summary and assign to Shanjian, and QA to myself.
Assignee: yokoyama → shanjian
QA Contact: kasumi → ylong
Summary: Page info window shows wrong page encoding → Auto-detect Russian detect a meta charset windows 1257 page as KIO8-R
This is a dup of 140234. I applied that patch and it fixed the problem. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 140234 ***
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Mark as verified, please re-open if still see it after fix for bug 140234 checked-in.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.