Netscape need an easy way to remove the build ID from the navigator window title without having to maintain a separate version of the rather large navigator.dtd, or having to check in and back out patches that remove it. The simplest solution is to split the relevant entities out into a new file, which can then for example be overridden from the commercial build. Or alternatively add support to the Mozilla build system(s) to override/overwrite this file when MOZILLA_OFFICIAL and/or BUILD_OFFICIAL are set. I've got an implementation for the former, I'll see how much work the latter is.
having something over-writable at any time (on the trunk or any branch) by distributors building on top of mozilla is the best solution. As to the specific issue of having the Buildid in the title, we should just include it in the about: page, so we can remove it from the title for release branches, but still have a way to identify individual builds from the branch.
Comment on attachment 82702 [details] [diff] [review] Move navigator title entities into separate file r=bryner
Attachment #82702 - Flags: review+
Comment on attachment 82702 [details] [diff] [review] Move navigator title entities into separate file sr=alecf
Attachment #82702 - Flags: superreview+
Adding Michele Carlson and Ray Chen at ADT's request.
Comment on attachment 82702 [details] [diff] [review] Move navigator title entities into separate file a=asa (on behalf of drivers) for checkin to the 1.0 branch
Attachment #82702 - Flags: approval+
adding adt1.0.0+. Please check this in today and add the fixed1.0.0 keyword.
Keywords: adt1.0.0 → adt1.0.0+
nsbeta1+/adt2 per Nav triage team
Keywords: nsbeta1 → nsbeta1+
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla1.0
Checked in on the branch.
Since we don't want this on the trunk, shouldn't it be resolved/fixed?
We may want this or some other solution on the trunk. Moving it out to 1.1alpha.
Target Milestone: mozilla1.0 → mozilla1.1alpha
removing MachV notation
QA Contact: pawyskoczka
Target Milestone: mozilla1.1alpha → ---
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state. If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way. If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar). If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state. Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago. Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED. If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component. Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.