From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0rc2) Gecko/20020510 BuildID: 2002051009 (1.0RC2) Charset in meta tag, inside frames, exhibits a strange problem in RC2. Some characters becomes rubbish characters for the first time loading of a web page. One need to manual invoke "View->character coding->trad. Chinese" to correct. Such behaviour won't happen if I run 1.0rc1 instead of 1.0rc2. Also note that unders Windows, such behaviour won't happen. My OS: Mandrake 8.1 (installed with Traditional Chinese) Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. browser full.mingpaonews.com with RC2, see the first page. Actual Results: Some characters on the first page (inside a frame) became rubbish. Expected Results: The browser should handle the charset well, as fonts have been installed and used. I've produced a screenshot to illstrate the problem. http://www.cmpair.com/chip/mozilla_bug.jpg Two version of Mozilla is running side-by-side and browsing the same page (full.mingpaonews.com), the left one is 1.0RC2 that exhibits the problem, and the right one is 1.0RC1, looks good.
It sounds another dup of bug 132006 - on RC2 builds, when I set auto-detect Chinese will see this, but when I set auto-detect Off will get this pape display correctly. I checked it on latest trunk build on linux and windows, can not reproduce this problem. Unless I select auto-detect SimpChinese, but I guess it's not a good option to select this tradChinese page as auto-detect SimpChinese.
marking as dup *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 132006 ***
Mark as verified. Please reopen if still see the problem on latest build after bug 132006 checked into branch or trunk build.