I read Angus's message about Vidur's XML demo, so I pulled a raptor tree this morning (around 11am) and built it to try the demo. XPViewer.exe crashes as soon as this URL is typed, if I'm running it standalone. When I'm running in the debugger, it doesn't crash, but it looks like there are some free memory reads/writes... I hit a breakpoint with this stack: nsDebug::PreCondition(char * 0x0171105c, char * 0x01711044, char * 0x01711014, int 1450) line 75 + 13 bytes nsDocumentBindInfo::OnDataAvailable(nsDocumentBindInfo * const 0x01314bc0, nsIURL * 0x01315230, nsIInputStream * 0x0124f920, int 32) line 1450 + 39 bytes OnDataAvailableProxyEvent::HandleEvent(OnDataAvailableProxyEvent * const 0x01250a60) line 606 + 45 bytes StreamListenerProxyEvent::HandlePLEvent(PLEvent * 0x01250a64) line 452 + 12 bytes PL_HandleEvent(PLEvent * 0x01250a64) line 408 + 10 bytes PL_ProcessPendingEvents(PLEventQueue * 0x011f95d0) line 370 + 9 bytes _md_EventReceiverProc(void * 0x029804c2, unsigned int 49321, unsigned int 0, long 18847184) line 701 + 9 bytes USER32! 77e71260() 011f95d0() (Marking as a netlib bug, but that's just a guess.)
It's a problem with the XPViewer not setting up the registry correctly. Well...maybe I should have made the same changes to the XPViewer that I did to the regular viewer. Judson's obviously the wrong person for this bug, so I'll take it for myself.
Layout is broken on Linux (2nd table column is blank, and page background is grey), but I'm marking this as Verified/Fixed, since it no longer crashes. [Checked on 2.1.99 Mac OS/Win32 builds, and 1.29.99 Linux builds, using Viewer on all platforms.]
Changing all Networking Library/Browser bugs to Networking-Core component for Browser. Occasionally, Bugzilla will burp and cause Verified bugs to reopen when I do this in a bulk change. If this happens, I will fix. ;-)
Bulk move of all Networking-Core (to be deleted component) bugs to new Networking component.