In Windows XP I have Slovenian language and Keyboard instaled, and for non- unicode programs Slovenian to. Mozilla Mail cant connect to My POP3 server becose My User name and password cant be recognised in Mozillas format inported from Outlook Express. That is Mozilla RC3, but the same bug is in Mozilla RC2, and Windows Milenium, and mail accounts and setings imported from Outlook Express 6.
Assignee: Matti → naving
Component: Browser-General → Networking: POP
Product: Browser → MailNews
QA Contact: imajes-qa → sheelar
reporter, Just to narrow down the problem can you please create a new profile for the same account and see if you are able to log in? Also mention the build id.
This is an import problem.
Assignee: naving → cavin
Component: Networking: POP → Import
QA Contact: sheelar → nbaca
Darko, just to be sure : are you using slovenian chars for the account name or you are importing a folder with such name? Pop and local are system dependant, and even though you might have an imput and keyboard set up Mozilla can't support char outside of its Native CodePage unless we convert Moz to an Unicode app.
Updating that reporter is using mozilla build id: 2002052306. Reporter, Please update the bug instead of sending email so that everyone on the bug gets the information.
Imported profile is faild Creating new by hand is faild I thryde some combinations and get a mesage that Mozilla can't support char outside of its Native CodePage, and what now...
Account Wizard is asking for User Name, after that wizard will put Email Name for User Name, and POP will not work. Multiple POP accounts are imposible withouth multiple paswords. Mozi have Windows Central Europe 1250 but only for viewing messages!!!
<Imported profile is faild <Creating new by hand is faild Darko, were you importing a Profile from previous versions? When you say 'creating a new profile failed' you mean a new profile with Central-european name failed? I tried that and i could not reproduce it. Could you please try to go to C0ntrol panel|Regional settings and on the advanced tab chose Slovenian for non-unicode programs? Reboot the machine and see if the users directory is showing up correctly and you can fill out other fields without corruption? Thanks. I do see that Central-european win-1250 is not on the list for default encodinds for message compose.
Just one more thing to keep in mind: if you are importing settings from Outlook Express your account name will look corrupted but this should not prevent you from connecting to the server. If you had a password in slovenian and saved it it might happen that it got corrupted while importing and that's why is probably rejected. The user name not displaying correctly after import is a known problem, mozilla uses ascii chars for User ID( not user name) and password. Naoki, do you think it's a new problem?
Let be clear. Windows XP, Slovenian language, Slovenian Keyboard, Slovenian for non unicode programs. Inport from Outlok Express- Cant conect. Mozes account wizard - cant conect. New acount by hand modified- cant conect. Moz mix between user name for account and name in email adress what is in My case diferent. Moz ask for a pasword only for SMTP server, for POP cant set by hand.Cose that multiple accountsa are imposible if thay are independent of "cros-linking" Moust internet providers not permitions conection from other domains. How Moz interpret paswords I dont know, I kant see.
Darko, i need a little bit more info, could you please answer those questions: - what kind of Preferences are you importing from Outlook Express: mail or settings? (if just mail then it'll show up as a folder but you need your settings to be able to have your account working); - you say several POP accounts : how many do you have? - did you check "save password" option and stored your passwords in Password manager? - if yes, could you remove the mail passwords (only) by going to Tools|Password manager and click "Remove all" (just in case check "leave mesages on the server for POP account)
I import settings and mails. Mails come in local folder, and is ok. Accounts are visible, and when I check them I seen a mess with names. Moz dont have abiliti to menage them. 1. name is localy for account folder. 2.name is name in mail addres. 3.name is name to POP logon. 4.name is My own name and surname. In Moz settings for acount I see only: 1.My name and surname. 2.name for account. 3.Email addres. And what will Moz take for POP logon? If it is the name from My email that is wrong one. OK I have 4 POP accounts. I store passwords. In Password manager I see only 3 mailboxs and Bugzila. User names are visible. Passwords are invisible to menage. Missing account is that where I have diferent user name for POP logon and name in email address. And that is account from My cable internet provider, and there is the problem.
i don't understand where my comments dispaered that i posted before creating three attachments. In any event, i am confirming this bug, account setting imported from Outlook express (POPserver) get corrupted in account wizard in Mozilla: Your name filed, user name and the user name on the password dlgbox gets truncated before the first non-latin chars. This is why the connection withn the server can not be established, the wrong user name gets submitted
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.