In testing my page I went to my local URL http://192.168.168.71/WSS/login.asp. I found in Mozilla 1.0 that my css and images didn't load. They work in all other browsers include the RC 1 of mozilla which I replaced just today with 1.0. I discovered they had become case sensitive to when I then browsed to http://192.168.168.71/wss/login.asp - note 'WSS' is now lowercase - the CSS and images loaded fine. This is a huge bug and needs to be correctes ASAP since I can't predict my web site visitors will type in the correct case!
Darin--this is invalid, correct?
URLs are and have always been case sensitive. I don't think Mozilla had this wrong anytime in the near past, including RC1. The testcase refuses connection, so I cannot see if there might be another problem. pi
seems invalid to me. the file path portion of a http:// URL is case sensitive.
test cuz last time nothing happened.
OK, I tried to add comments before and nothing happened so here goes again. The reason the URL didn't work is because (I thought you'd know this ) the URL I gave was in the 192.168.x.x range which is a private non-routable range. I figured the test would be so easy to replicate I didn't bother. I'll now supply a test you can try. Second, I'll give you that (I think) on UNIX boxes the URL can be case sensitive, but that's an operating system/web server enforcement, not a browser enforcement and that's how it should be. The web browser should not enforce case sensitivity. That's outside it's scope. So here's a test you can try to see my point. Navigate to http://www.onetug.org/tocome/images/logo.gif. I get an error stating "The image “http://www.onetug.org/tocome/images/logo.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors." Now navigate to http://www.onetug.org/tocome/images/Logo.gif. For me, it resolves ( Mozilla build 2002053012 ). Notice the only difference is the capital L in logo.gif. Try the same experiment with any other browser you wish (IE, Operah, Netscape 6 & 4 )and it resolves both URLs, as it should. I don't think this was an issue with RC1, but I'd have to reinstall it to verify.
URLs are case sensitive, this has nothing to do with OS. FWIW, both pictures work for me. But this is only a question of what the *server* delivers. Still INVALID. pi
mass-verification of Invalid bugs. if you don't think the report is invalid, please check to see if it has already been reported (it might be a duplicate instead). otherwise, make sure that there are steps (a valid test case) that clearly display the issue as an unexpected defect. mail filter string for bugspam: SequoiadendronGiganteum