Closed Bug 1530183 Opened 2 years ago Closed 2 years ago

Replace promiseWaitForCondition with TestUtils.waitForCondition in browser/base/content/test/webrtc/head.js


(Firefox :: Site Permissions, enhancement, P5)




Firefox 67
Tracking Status
firefox67 --- fixed


(Reporter: johannh, Assigned: carolina.jimenez.g, Mentored)


(Keywords: good-first-bug)


(1 file)

This is a good first bug for newcomers to Firefox development.

promiseWaitForCondition in browser/base/content/test/webrtc/head.js can be replaced by the TestUtils.waitForCondition utility function.

The code in question is here:

You can also remove the function definition:

For instructions on how to get your local build of Firefox up and running and submit your patch, see

After your change it might be a good idea to run all WebRTC UI tests with the ./mach mochitest command:

./mach mochitest browser/base/content/test/webrtc/

Please leave a comment if you would like to be assigned to this bug and feel free to ask questions here or via IRC if you're stuck.

Hello, I'm an outreachy applicant, can I try to solve this bug?

Absolutely, let me know if you're stuck!

Assignee: nobody → carolina.jimenez.g

however, in the file head.js other functions use BrowserTestUtils instead of TestUtils, so I wasn't sure which of those is the
correct one, so I used the one suggested in the issue.

Also BrowserTestUtils and TestUtils both passed the tests with the command ./mach mochitest browser/base/content/test/webrtc/

Thanks! To get this patch landed you will need to set the checkin-needed flag on the bug. This time I've done it for you :)

Keywords: checkin-needed

Thank you! how did you added?

how did you add it?***

I think you need editbugs privileges, which you will usually get after working on two bugs :)

Pushed by
Change promiseWaitForCondition for TestUtils.waitForCondition r=johannh

Keywords: checkin-needed
Closed: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 67

I can be wrong but I think there are problems blocking the cookies, here are them:

  1. When a person add a url that doesn't even exist like putting just "facebook" it let you do it. I don't know if is the correct behavior.

  2. When I add and I go to it shows like if we had added google in the list of blocked cookies, but I didn't.

I would like to attach some images regarding this behavior but I don't know how to do it...

Sorry, I commented on the wrong issue

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.