For a fair while now, the browse_info target in client.mak has failed to create a nglayout.bsc file. I think this is because there are now too many files being compiled for bscmake.exe to finish. From KB article http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q208/1/55.ASP "If the resulting browser database exceeds 64 MB or if the number of input files the compiler processes (source and headers) exceeds 4086 this error will be emitted by BSCMAKE. " I don't think we exceed 64Mb, but the number of files might be an issue. I am able to build a browse file if I use the /Es switch, which excludes system files' symbols. If this is an issue for other people, then you might want to use this switch with bscmake.exe. -dave
I will look into this when i get a chance.
Assignee: leaf → nisheeth
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Target Milestone: M12
re-assigning to nisheeth, who but the target in to begin with.
re-assigning to nisheeth, who put the target in to begin with.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I've added the /Es flag to bscmake's options in client.mak. Thanks for the suggestion David. I don't know how many people use the browse_info target. I had put in as a personal hack and haven't used it myself for the last couple of months.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.