(In reply to Vlad Jiman from comment #0)
Created attachment 9047660 [details]
The RTAMO about:welcome - 'Install Extension' page should only be shown once, however we are currently seeing this page even after closing the browser / tab or choosing to go to the On Boarding tour.
Steps to reproduce:
- Uninstall Firefox and remove any remaining data from AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox
- Using Edge on a clean profile, go to https://addons.mozilla.org/it/firefox/addon/ghostery/ and select to Get Firefox
- Install Firefox, then close it
- Open a Fx 66b12 or Nightly build and proceed to about:welcome
- Close the tab/browser and repeat the last action
The Install Extension page should only be shown once
The page is available constantly, it will go away once the user chooses to install the given extension however.
NI Andrei to see if this is expected (sorry if Newtab is the wrong component, wanted to make sure AS sees it).
Component: General → Activity Streams: Newtab
Product: WebExtensions → Firefox