We removed the
mozilla/no-cpows-in-tests rule a while ago, so we no longer need the ESLint comments where this rule was specifically disabled.
To help Mozilla out with this bug, here's the steps:
- Comment here on the bug that you want to volunteer to help. I (or someone else) will assign it to you.
- Download the Firefox source code, see the docs for details.
- If you have any problems, please ask on IRC in the #introduction channel. They're there to help you get started.
- You can also read the Developer Guide, which has answers to most development questions.
- Start working on this bug
- You need to remove the references to
mozilla/no-cpows-in-tests from the code (see the link above).
- If the comment references more than just one rule, remove just the rule, otherwise remove the entire comment.
- Commit the changes with a command such as
hg commit -m "Bug nnn - Remove unnecessary ESLint disabling mozilla/no-cpows-in-tests comments. r?Standard8"
- Once you're done, post the commits via phabricator. Please use moz-phab to submit them.
- Once the patches are submitted, I'll take a look. If there's any changes necessary I'll comment in Phabricator, so be prepared to update the patches.
- Once we're happy with the changes, I'll push it to autoland - our integration branch. Your code will then soon be shipping to Firefox users worldwide!
- Now you get to think about what kind of bug you'd like to work on next. Let me know what you're interested in and I can help you find your next contribution.