1. When i import email from outlook express, i found some emails that haveabout 4 emails from outlook express combined into 1(these messages have no subject) 2. some mails have the wrong sender... (these messages have no subject) 3. other mails which have jpg images as attachments don't convert correctly and all you see is a hundreds of lines of garbage many emails that have problems are from emails that have emails as attachments i suggest import from outlook express should have a warning that it does not work correctly, until it is fixed Nehal
Reporter, what the build id you are running on?
oops sorry, this is what help->about gives me Mozilla 1.1a Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.1a) Gecko/20020611
Can you email me your Eudora files in zip format so that I can take a look at it? You can just send me some sample messages. Thanks.
i imported from outlook express not from eudora
Sorry, I meant your Outlook Express files if possible.
i backed up what i have, then i deleted some messages, because some of them were personal.. and also due to the fact that i have a max attachment size of 5 megs when sending email so i tried importing that to mozilla, and it imported fine for some reason... but i still see that some imported messages don't have a subject (the emails that were attachments of other emails) if you want i can send you my inbox.mbx file and u can at least try and fix this problem ??, PS, i ask that you do not send this file to any other developers or anyone else for that matter...
> if you want i can send you my inbox.mbx file and u can at least try and fix > this problem ??, > Yes, please email it to me and I'll take a look at it. Thanks. > PS, i ask that you do not send this file to any other developers or anyone else > for that matter... > No, I won't. That's why I asked you to email me instead of attaching it to the bug (where everyone can see it).
Was this zip file ever sent? Where there any conclusions? Is this still a bug with a 1.7 or 1.8a build?
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.