It would be useful for embedders to be able to supply their own manifests to supplement the "base" embedding/mre manifests. Our makefile could test for the presence of a file, e.g. "client-win", "client-mac-macho" etc. and run it. Embedding clients can edit this manifest to list any extra files to copy and those to be removed. I'll attach a sample patch
Created attachment 89595 [details] [diff] [review] patch for Makefile.in This patch adds code to Makefile.in to run the packager over a file named "client-win" (or -unix - mac-macho) if it exists
Chak, can you review this?
Comment on attachment 89595 [details] [diff] [review] patch for Makefile.in HiAdam : Should makefile.win be changed too? Other than that... r=chak
Attachment #89595 - Flags: review+
Comment on attachment 89595 [details] [diff] [review] patch for Makefile.in email@example.com with the change to makefile.win too...
Attachment #89595 - Flags: superreview+
Created attachment 91111 [details] [diff] [review] Updated patch Patch with the makefile.win change
Attachment #89595 - Attachment is obsolete: true
Comment on attachment 91111 [details] [diff] [review] Updated patch r=chak
Attachment #91111 - Flags: review+
Comment on attachment 91111 [details] [diff] [review] Updated patch Moving sr forward
Attachment #91111 - Flags: superreview+
Comment on attachment 91111 [details] [diff] [review] Updated patch a=asa (on behalf of drivers) for checkin to the 1.1 trunk.
Attachment #91111 - Flags: approval+
Fix checked in
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Checked against Mozilla 1.1b Gecko 20020715 build. change was made to makefile.in since the last patch (attachment 91111 [details] [diff] [review]): ifneq (,$(filter mac cocoa,$(MOZ_WIDGET_TOOLKIT))) BASEBROWSER = basebrowser-mac-macho CLIENTMANIFEST = client-mac-macho // 'basebrowser-mac-macho' in the patch _PLATFORM = unix I'll assume this update is correct since it corresponds in name to the other platform manifests. I'll also assume that it's correct to have unix for the PLATFORM since mac cocoa is running on unix. Please correct otherwise. I'll verify once all this is confirmed/clarified. Thanks. Otherwise makefile.in and makefile.win changes are in the 7/15/02 build.
I noticed the issue with the mac as I was checking in. The value of CLIENTMANIFEST should have been set to "client-mac-macho" on the mac, not "basebrowser-mac-macho" so I fixed it. So the checkin is correct and ready to verify in its current form.
Thanks Adam. verified
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.