- Firefox 68.0a1 (20190516215643)
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
- Ubuntu 16.04.6 LTS
- convert the about:addons page to HTML by flipping the ‘extensions.htmlaboutaddons.enabled’ pref to ‘true’ in about:config.
- have one old version of an extension installed (version 1.17.2 of uBlock Origin has been used for this test).
[Steps to reproduce]:
- Access the detail view of the installed extensions
- From the Cog Wheel menu, select ‘Check for Updates’ → the ‘Release Notes’ tab will become available immediately before the permission pop-up is displayed
- Click the ‘Cancel’ button on the permission pop-up to cancel the update process
- Click on the ‘Release Notes’ tab → no content is displayed in the tab
- From the extension’s menu (the 3 dots), select ‘Update’ → the ‘Release Notes’ tab disappears immediately before the permission pop-up is displayed
- The ‘Release Notes’ tab will incorrectly appear (with no content) and disappear, before the permission pop-up for updates is displayed when attempting the process via ‘Check for Updates’ (Cog Wheel menu) and ‘Update’ (extension’s menu – the 3 dots). The issue occurs in both Normal and Private browsing.
- The ‘Release Notes’ tab should be displayed only after the update is successfully completed.
- The ‘Release Notes’ tab, with no available content, will be displayed before the permission pop-up for updates is shown and before the update process is finalized. The tab will also disappear right before the permission pop-up is displayed when attempting to update the extension via the ‘Update’ option from the extension’s menu (the 3 dots).
For further details, please see the attached video.