Comment on attachment 9068883 [details]
Bug 1555168 - Disable RDD Sandbox Early Start in Beta/68 r?jmathies
Beta/Release Uplift Approval Request
- User impact if declined: Bug 1525086 will ship in 68 without adequate QA testing. QA testing was reallocated to another project and so some of the changes in 1525086 are being deferred to 69 via a pref flip.
- Is this code covered by automated tests?: Yes
- Has the fix been verified in Nightly?: No
- Needs manual test from QE?: Yes
- If yes, steps to reproduce: There's no error or failure to reproduce. Tests should validate that AV1 playback on YouTube and https://bitmovin.com/demos/av1 continues to work as expected.
Use the attached sandboxcheck.py python script to validate that the RDD process is sandboxed. This requires viewing AV1 content, checking that an "rdd" plugin-container process is started, getting the process' PID, and running sandboxcheck.py <PID>.
- List of other uplifts needed: None
- Risk to taking this patch: Low
- Why is the change risky/not risky? (and alternatives if risky): The change restores the way the Mac RDD process sandbox is started to match 67 via pref flip. There is some risk because limited testing has been done with the pref flipped.
- String changes made/needed: None