Closed Bug 1563559 Opened 3 months ago Closed 3 months ago

Tidy up a few things in SearchService.jsm

Categories

(Firefox :: Search, task, P3)

task
Points:
1

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED
Firefox 69
Iteration:
69.4 - Jun 24 - Jul 7
Tracking Status
firefox69 --- fixed

People

(Reporter: standard8, Assigned: standard8)

Details

Attachments

(1 file)

I was looking through SearchService.jsm and found a few minor things:

  • I'd missed removing makeURI/makeChannel when I moved those to SearchUtils.jsm
  • We've an observer notification for find-jar-engines that I cannot find any uses of.
  • _findEngines is creating the uris array (which isn't uris), and passing it to _parseListJSON which fills them in and then _findEngines returns them. It can simply return the value direct from _parseListJSON.
  • There's a couple of cases where we create an intermediate variable to return it straight away.
  • I'd missed removing makeURI/makeChannel when I moved those to SearchUtils.jsm
  • We've an observer notification for 'find-jar-engines' that I cannot find any uses of.
  • '_findEngines' is creating the 'uris' array (which isn't uris), and passing it to '_parseListJSON' which fills them in and then '_findEngines' returns them. It can simply return the value direct from '_parseListJSON'.
  • There's a couple of cases where we create an intermediate variable to return it straight away.

Depends on D36914

Depends on D36914

Pushed by mbanner@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/af32b84056af
Tidy up a few things in SearchService.jsm. r=daleharvey
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 3 months ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 69
Iteration: --- → 69.4 - Jun 24 - Jul 7
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.