What were you doing?
- have some passwords saved in Chrome (don't have to be real ones; see also bug 1557960)
- Open Firefox
- Open the logins pane (Hamburger > logins and passwords)
- Open the importer
- Open the browser debugger
- set a breakpoint in the
migrate function at https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/15be167a5b436b57fef944b84eef061d24c1af8c/browser/components/migration/ChromeProfileMigrator.jsm#436 , on the
await statement near the top that gets the password rows from Chrome's sqlite DB
- go through the import wizard and choose to import only passwords from Chrome
- watch the breakpoint get hit
- press 'step over'
You end up in MigrationUtils somehow. If you keep stepping, eventually the debugger gets even more confused and doesn't seem to know where you're stopped anymore.
What should have happened?
Step to the next line in the function.