Comment on attachment 9081586 [details]
Bug 1569877 - Consider textarea as a replaced element; r?miker!
Beta/Release Uplift Approval Request
- User impact if declined: This is a follow-up to bug 1565652 that was already uplifted to beta 69.
In that bug we missed one case that should really have been fixed at the same time.
Let me copy the rationale for uplifting this:
Inactive CSS is a new DevTools feature we are planning on shipping to all our users with Firefox 69.
It is undergoing QA validation in beta 69 right now.
This bug was identified recently and impacts negatively the user experience for this new feature.
If we do not uplift this bug fix, some users of the Inspector panel in DevTools might be shown incorrect information as to when their CSS code is valid or not.
This will have negative impact on the confidence they have in the feature and may not want to use it afterwards.
- Is this code covered by automated tests?: Yes
- Has the fix been verified in Nightly?: Yes
- Needs manual test from QE?: No
- If yes, steps to reproduce:
- List of other uplifts needed: None
- Risk to taking this patch: Low
- Why is the change risky/not risky? (and alternatives if risky): It is not risky because the code change is very small and contained to just the Rule-View sidebar of the Inspector panel in DevTools.
- String changes made/needed: