Closed Bug 157062 Opened 18 years ago Closed 17 years ago

filename with intl chars (�дц� etc.) doesn't show up in download manager

Categories

(SeaMonkey :: Download & File Handling, defect, major)

defect
Not set
major

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: fpeter, Assigned: janv)

References

Details

(Keywords: intl, Whiteboard: [adt2])

i tried Bugzilla Bug 154760 on build 2002071108 -> problem resolved.. BUT
the file entry in the download manager is empty..! no name, no size.. nothing.. 
i can't even delete it...
This happens because of bug 132905 comment 45: NS_ConvertUTF8toUCS2 gives an
empty string when the input is not UTF8.

Now who's calling NS_ConvertUTF8toUCS2 with bogus data?
*** Bug 160952 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Confirming based on the dup.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
Keywords: intl
Summary: filename with צה etc. doesn't show up in download manager → filename with national chars (צה�טר etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
I'm still on build 2002053012 (Win2k), click on link and then select "Save this
file to disk" return an empty filename (just the extension), but r-click to
select "Save link target as..." return the filename with %xx codes in place of
space and "foreing" chars (see url with 2 sample files to download).

http://www.netsolution.cl/mt/test/

Checked on build 2002081612 (Win98), everything work fine (Save file and Save
link target).

(Files still there if anyone interesed)
Confirming the bug on Mozilla 1.1 / WinNT4 :
when saving a downloaded file to a local directory containing non-ASCII characters.

Exemple : Dwonloading "myzip.zip" to "D:\Download\Java\Outils de développement".
In the file download.rdf in the profile, the tag RDF:li of the download is wrong: 
<RDF:li resource="D:\Download\Java\Outils de deloppement\myzip.zip"/>
There is the same problem in filenames in the <RDF:Seq about="NC:DownloadsRoot">
section.

"deloppement" is not "développement".

The consequence of this is that the download manager window is completely
broken.  There is some empty lines, removing those lines doesn't work...


This seems to be an UTF-8 conversion problem. The filename returned by the
Windows open dialog is not tranlated to UTF-8 before submitting the filename to
the Download manager.
confirming with Mozilla 1.2a on Win NT 4.0
UA: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.2a) Gecko/20020910
Build ID: 2002091014
QA Contact: sairuh → ruixu
Summary: filename with national chars (צה�טר etc.) doesn't show up in download manager → filename with intl chars (צה�טר etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
Could we please change this bug's severity to Major? On my Greek Windows 98 it
is very annoying: Even the Desktop has a greek path name ("C:\Windows\&#917;&#960;&#953;&#966;&#940;&#957;&#949;&#953;&#945;
&#917;&#961;&#947;&#945;&#963;&#943;&#945;&#962;") and thus whenever I save a file on the desktop I get an empty,
non-deletable entry in the Download Manager...

Is this a duplicate of bug 171834 ?
QA Contact: ruixu → ylong
Summary: filename with intl chars (צה�טר etc.) doesn't show up in download manager → filename with intl chars (צהװזצ etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
*** Bug 171834 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
OS -> All
Severity -> major
Severity: normal → major
OS: Windows 2000 → All
Hardware: PC → All
*** Bug 174809 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Depends on: 155429
*** Bug 173385 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Nominating for buffy. This needs a fix, although I'm not entirely sure if 
this is download manager, per se. Perhaps an RDF or i18n issue?
Keywords: nsbeta1
tested on 2002-11-14-07-1.0
Redhat 7.3 
No problem to download and display download manager using �«¢�«®�«¢ as file name. 
File types are gif and html. 
Summary: filename with intl chars (צהװזצ etc.) doesn't show up in download manager → filename with intl chars (&#65533;дц&#65533; etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
Summary: filename with intl chars (&#65533;дц&#65533; etc.) doesn't show up in download manager → filename with intl chars (צהװזצ etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
Nav triage team: nsbeta1+/adt3
Keywords: nsbeta1nsbeta1+
Whiteboard: [adt3]
Nav triage team: bumping up to adt2.
Whiteboard: [adt3] → [adt2]
WFM 2003111412-trunk/Linux build.

But cannot 'Remove from list' the line
which has Japanese file name.
Is it another bug?
reassigning
Assignee: blaker → varga
WFM with builds 2003012208 and 2003012304 under Win NT4 (German).

This bug seems to be fixed by the patch to bug 189301.
Fixed by bug 189301.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Summary: filename with intl chars (צהװזצ etc.) doesn't show up in download manager → filename with intl chars (&#65533;дц&#65533; etc.) doesn't show up in download manager
*** Bug 192298 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 195202 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Thanks, I got 1.3b it's ok. Sorry for dublicate, I've searched before report but
didn't find it.
Verified..
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Product: Browser → Seamonkey
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.