Windows 10 x64
Steps to reproduce
- Launch Firefox
- Go twitter or facebook log in page
- Save a set of credentials
- Refresh the log in page to toggle autofill
- Replace the pre-filled password with a new one
- Click on Log in
- Quickly confirm the update in the doorhanger
After confirming the update, the new password should be saved and auto-filled in the field after the page has refreshed itself (works best with incorrect passw page error)
The update doorhanger is displayed twice:
- once after clicking on Log in -> prompts to update with the new password - this is fine
- the second time after the page refreshed/redirect itself -> due to the quick refresh and auto-fill, the field will be populated again with the old password (not the new one) and will offer the user to update again the password with the old one.
My guess is that the page auto-fill does not wait and request the new password value and proceeds to instantly complete it with the old one upon automatic page refresh or redirect.
Given its a new password (not the one updated before) the doorhanger appears once more and updates back to the previous password. Check attached log and recording
Not reproducible on reddit.com