Open Bug 1588771 Opened 4 months ago Updated 1 day ago

[translate] "Unable to approve translation" notification false positive

Categories

(Webtools :: Pontoon, defect, P2)

defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

People

(Reporter: mathjazz, Assigned: mariomenjr, Mentored)

Details

Steps to reproduce:

  1. You have an Unreviewed Suggestion, identical to the source string.
  2. Approve it by clicking on the Approve button.
  3. Failed Check notification appears ("Unchanged"). Approve Anyway with Enter.
  4. Next string in the list loads. Submit a translation with Enter.

Expected Result:
Translation gets saved.

Actual Result:
Translation isn't saved. "Unable to approve translation" notification appears.

Assignee: nobody → dinda.rachmat
Mentor: m
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED

Hi Eraulia - since we're running short on the Mentored bugs, please note that Anastasia will be working on this bug as well.

Sure no problem! I have another unfinished bug too. Always good to get an extra help.

As for this bug, I haven't figured out what causes the problem. My findings so far :

  • The translation can be saved with the save button but not with enter.
  • After doing the steps to reproduce the bug no matter what I do next (unaprove/approve & unreject/reject translation) it is still stuck in showing the Unable to approve translation notification whenever I want to save the translation changes with Enter. The only way I can save changes with Enter is to refresh the page.

What I found so far - 'source' will not change from the approved suggestion number to 'submitted'
It is in frontend/src/core/editor/components/connectedEditor.js:177

Thanks for your input, Nadinda and Anastasia!

I'll unassign this bug due to inactivity and for somebody else to pick up.

Assignee: dinda.rachmat → nobody
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Priority: P3 → P2

(In reply to Matjaz Horvat [:mathjazz] from comment #4)

Thanks for your input, Nadinda and Anastasia!

I'll unassign this bug due to inactivity and for somebody else to pick up.

Hello Matjaz.

I'll be debugging this bug, hope I can soon find the cause for the unexpected behavior.

Flags: needinfo?(m)

Thanks, assigning.

Assignee: nobody → mariomenjr
Flags: needinfo?(m)

(In reply to Matjaz Horvat [:mathjazz] from comment #6)

Thanks, assigning.

Hello Matjaz!

I am having difficulties in setting up the project. After running the make setup and setting up my username, I am receiving this message:

make setup error message image

(In reply to Mario Menjívar Sermeño from comment #7)

(In reply to Matjaz Horvat [:mathjazz] from comment #6)

Thanks, assigning.

Hello Matjaz!

I am having difficulties in setting up the project. After running the make setup and setting up my username, I am receiving this message:

make setup error message image

I did also tried to populate the database following this documentation. Although the project gets created, no translations are loaded.

It's all good now!

Sorry, I forgot about checking the upstream repo.
A friend of mine gave me the heads-up! Thank you very much!

Nice & Clean

Hi,
is there an update to this bug?
I ran into it too.
I noticed that it only occurs for non-admin accounts.
When I log with an admin account I can't reproduce it any longer.

(In reply to harald.binkle from comment #10)

Hi,
is there an update to this bug?
I ran into it too.
I noticed that it only occurs for non-admin accounts.
When I log with an admin account I can't reproduce it any longer.

Hi Harold!

That's an interesting observation! I had some problems at the beginning setting up the local env. So no change has been made.
I'll continue to debug the system considering your observation tonight! Let us know if something else is found or the issue solve :)

Thanks!

Hello Mario,
to more specific:
In my case it occurs for contributors (non admin and non translator) when using the suggest button.

(In reply to harald.binkle from comment #12)

Hello Mario,
to more specific:
In my case it occurs for contributors (non admin and non translator) when using the suggest button.

Hi Harald, it happened to me logged in as an Admin.
I've finally been able to setup the project (had to install linux). I am looking forward solving this issue in the following days :)

You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.