I am looking at the latest available iteration of bug 440377 (try build 73.0a1 (2019-12-06) (64-bit).*
- Recipient field with multiple pills, pill1 focused
- Press END key (without modifier), expecting to add another recipient at the end
- last pill selected
- pressing END again does not give cursor (nice try!)
- need to press another key, cursor-right, to get text cursor for adding recipient
- cursor after last pill, ready for entering the next recipient
- but as long as Ctrl or Shift modifier are pressed, just land on the last pill
- I think it's much more likely to add another recipient at the end, as opposed to plain vanilla navigation to the last recipient with the intention of working on that. So let's be convenient for the most frequent use case.
- With text cursor after the last pill, the less likely use case of working on the last pill is still easy enough with cursor-left (and should really focus AND select the pill).
- However, things are different when it comes to selecting pills (as clearly evidenced by modifier key), that's when just selecting the last pill is required, and text cursor would be irritating.
I have skipped HOME key from this bug for now because it requires a general decision on "cursoring" in recipient fields first (whether we allow insertion points between pills).
IF we allow inter-pills insertion points, then obviously HOME must behave the same way by analogy.