Closed Bug 1604929 Opened 2 years ago Closed 2 years ago

Correct multiple locale handling and telemetry Ids in the modern configuration

Categories

(Firefox :: Search, task, P1)

task
Points:
3

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED
Firefox 73
Iteration:
73.2 - Dec 16 - Jan 5
Tracking Status
firefox73 --- fixed

People

(Reporter: standard8, Assigned: standard8)

References

Details

Attachments

(3 files)

When starting the comparison of ABSearch and modernisation, I noticed a couple of issues with the current code.

Firstly, wikipedia-be was coming out with an identifier of -be and other engines were affected in a similar way.

I discovered that telemetryId was in engineParams, but undefined in getEngineParams, this would cause the short name to be undefined. However, the SearchEngine initialiser, would then take the name of the engine, and sanitize it into a short name. As the wikipedia-be is largely a non-ASCII name, it came out with -be.

Secondly I discovered that wikipedia-be-tarask was being duplicated twice - when it was meant to be wikipedia-be and wikipedia-be-tarask. This was due to attempting to duplicate the engine configurations, but not also duplicating the webExtension object within the configuration.

Also drops the bug645970 naming as we don't really need to reference that bug number any more.

Pushed by mbanner@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/897fef11fe80
Move search's data/search-extensions to a slightly more descriptive and generic name. r=mikedeboer
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/030684aff17b
Remove engineName from test engines.json files since the parameter was removed in bug 1592209. r=mikedeboer
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/8a36d9f67974
In the modern search config, fix handling of telemetry Ids and WebExtensions which are installed twice with different locales. r=mikedeboer
Regressions: 1605219

Ok, found the issue, the test wasn't running in my normal way as for some reason it was tagged with "addons". This is the only test in the directory that is tagged with that, and there's plenty of other tests running with add-ons, so I've removed the tag.

Fixing the test was simple, just taking account of the changes made to the engines list for simple-engines.

Flags: needinfo?(standard8)
Pushed by mbanner@mozilla.com:
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/67971490febd
Move search's data/search-extensions to a slightly more descriptive and generic name. r=mikedeboer
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/c1b33298b257
Remove engineName from test engines.json files since the parameter was removed in bug 1592209. r=mikedeboer
https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/autoland/rev/f14ef3dcca4a
In the modern search config, fix handling of telemetry Ids and WebExtensions which are installed twice with different locales. r=mikedeboer
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → Firefox 73
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.