Mozilla 1.0 Mac 9.1. Something I've noticed is that I use "Get Messages for Account" and "Mark Newsgroup Read" A LOT more than the subscribe and unsubscribe options on the news context menu. Context menus follow a different rule than menus. Menus are separated by function, but the context menu has all items pertaining to that object on one menu. Thus, it would make sense to put the least-used and most destructive actions (subscribe/unsubscribe) last, rather than first. As it is, I'm always scrolling past them (and occassionally accidentally selecting them) when what I need to do is "Get Messages..." and "Mark Newsgroup Read."
Confirming as an RFE. Revising summary and reassigning to Mail Window Front End.
Assignee: mscott → sspitzer
Severity: normal → enhancement
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Networking: MailNews General → Mail Window Front End
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: huang → olgam
Summary: Subscribe/unsubscribe in dangerous position on news context menu → Move subscription items below message items on newsgroup contextual menus
Component: Mail Window Front End → Subscribe
QA Contact: olgam → stephend
This bug is targeted at a Mac classic platform/OS, which is no longer supported by mozilla.org. Please re-target it to another platform/OS if this bug applies there as well or resolve this bug. I will resolve this bug as WONTFIX in four weeks if no action has been taken. To filter this and similar messages out, please filter for "mac_cla_reorg".
This exists and still annoys on Thunderbird 0.9 OS X.
Component: MailNews: Subscribe → MailNews: Message Display
QA Contact: stephend → search
Assignee: mail → nobody
QA Contact: search → message-display
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state. If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way. If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar). If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state. Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago. Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED. If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component. Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.