From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.1b) Gecko/20020809 BuildID: 20020809 After having used the dynamic menus to open a few different product categories, pressing the back button twice will mess up the menu frame. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Open the home page. 2. Select "BIL" from the menu in the left column. 3. In the menu that unfolds, select "Bilreservdelar". 4. Select "Biltillbehör". 5. Press back button, and wait for the page to display. 6. Press back button again. Actual Results: The menu frame will lose its formatting, and non-US-ASCII characters will display weirdly. The menu will not react on mouse clicks. Expected Results: In Internet Explorer, pressing the back button a second time will only update the menu frame, moving the bullet to the category that was redisplayed after pressing the button the first time. I suppose Mozilla should do the same. See also: bug #132569, which covers a related problem that has now been solved.
Assignee: Matti → radha
Component: Browser-General → History: Session
QA Contact: asa → claudius
I have made the observation that the broken menu frame looks similar to that in bug #136336. I'm setting OS to "All", since I can reproduce the problem in NS 7.0 on Windows 98.
OS: Linux → All
I have found another web site that has the same problem with pressing the back button after having used the menu: http://www.aeg.se/ Seen in 1.1b, build 20020830, and in Netscape 7.0.
shanjian, can you provide some input on the non-ascii charaters showing up?
This looks more or less fixed in recent builds, at least the visual aspect. The menu will still not react after using the Back button a couple of times, but that might be another bug. Resolving to WORKSFORME.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
It looks as if I was too hasty in resolving the bug. The minimal font-size made me overlook the fact that the menu frame seems to switch from UTF-8 to some other charset, making some extended-ASCII characters look weird (e.g. "ä" and "ö"). For an example, see VERKTYG, which has sub-items "Träarbete" and "Verktygsförvaring", which turn into "TrÃ¤arbete" and "VerktygsfÃ¶rvaring" upon going back in history a couple of times.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WORKSFORME → ---
When I revisit the Biltema site a few years later, I can't find the above-mentioned problem, although the site hasn't changed much. Resolving as FIXED. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686 (x86_64); en-US; rv:1.9a7pre) Gecko/2007072004 Minefield/3.0a7pre
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago → 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
If the actual fix is unknown, this should still be WORKSFORME.
Resolution: FIXED → WORKSFORME
Component: History: Session → Document Navigation
QA Contact: claudius → docshell
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.