Yesterday I've installed English Mozilla (Build ID: 2002053012) on my Windows 98 System under my account. Today I've set up the Preferences for my wife's account and she would like to use Japanese as selected language pack. After restarting Mozilla and even after reboot the menues still were in English, so I logged in under my account and selected the Japanese language pack. After restarting Mozilla, it appeared in Japanese as expected. Then I compared the profiles for differences and found that the chrome directory in my wife's profile was much smaller than my chrome directory. After moving the original chrome directory and replacing it with a copy of my chrome folder, Japanese was also working in my wife's account. If you need the bad chrome folder for analysis, feel free to contact me. I will keep that folder for a while. Thanks a lot for this localisation. Kayoko (my wife) gave me a big kiss for this ... Regards, Andreas.
Andreas: Could you please create a new profile following this. 1. Launch Profilemanager 2. Click Create Profile button 3. Click Next button 4. Type profile name whatever you want 5. Cliock Region Selection button 6. You will have Japanese(Japan) in Preferred Language list box, select it 7. You will have Japan Region in Preferred Content list box, select it then Finish button 8. Launch Navigator using this profile, you might be okay 9. You may need your account back to English Language+Region pack using Preferences/Appearacce/Language/Content
Reporter: Is this still a problem with a current Mozilla build and a current language pack?
this is still a problem. I can confirm this using the da-dk language pack on SuSE linux 9.0 with Mozilla 1.6 final It doesn't seem to be a problem under Mac OS X when installing a language pack, only the root account gets to see the localisation strings even though the language pack has been activated and is the active one on normal user accounts steps to reproduce: 1) install a language pack as root 2) activate and test it for a root account Mozilla profile 3) activate and test it for a user account Mozilla profile Expected results: both the root profile and the user profile should see the localised strings Actual results: only the root account can see the localised strings the user account profile still gets the english strings Further information: I've tried - without success - to delete the XUL.mfasl file Workaround: copy the chrome.rdf from the root profile to the user profile
further testing & experimenting shows that the language pack will show up in Mozilla profiles for users other than root that are created *after* installing the language pack. In already excisting profiles the language pack will - be registered as the active one - chrome.rdf will not reflect this Strangely, this is only an issue for me under SuSE Linux 9.0 Under Mac OS X I've been unable to reproduce the problem Under Yellow Dog Linux 3.1 PPC installing the language pack activates it as the default language pack systemwide also for existing profiles In all cases, I've used Mozilla 1.6final
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.