Using 10/11/99 Mozilla build on WinNT and jdk1.3 ea. Using 10/13/99 Mozilla build on MAC and MRJPlugin092499 from Mark Lin. To reproduce, - Load http://lonely/blackwood_qa/src/OJI/PluginTest/sunw/LiveConnect/misc/LiveConnect-instancefield-read-JSObject.html - Click on any of the 2 buttons. This supposedly would show the value of an applet variable which value is a Window object which is the result of getWindow(this). On WinNT, this would crash the apprunner. On MAC, this wouldn't give any display or response but wouldn't crash the apprunner. The URL below would also exhibit the same problem. http://lonely/blackwood_qa/src/OJI/PluginTest/sunw/LiveConnect/misc/LiveConnect-method-returnType-JSObject.html
The description of this test does not coincide with my copy of the referenced page. Mine pops an alert displaying the value of the window variable. Is that right?
move to m14. let me know if fixes are available. thx.
I have reviewed the patch, and it looks good.
Putting Raju Pallath on the CC: list of this bug, as he is taking over the Sun/Blackwood QA role from Leila Garin. (if there's a way to change the reporter of this bug from Leila to Raju, that would rock).
Changed Qa contact person from Leila to Rpallath
QA Contact: paw → rpallath
Jeff, I tried this URL with build of Mozilla dated 03/05/2000 and used JRE-RC1 (from JDC site) and applied the patch plugin zip file (from George). Loaded the URL and clicked on the Alert Button. It crashed the Browser. DO I still have to apply the patch or is it already in place in the source base.
I check in part of the fix last night. We now need to get some work done in the plugin for resolution. With last night's (3/6) changes, it doesn't crash.
After Jeff's checkin, it doesn't crash. No longer Stability blocker. Moving to M16.
Target Milestone: M14 → M16
Nominating for nsbeta2. Also, adding Stanley Ho to the CC list on this bug so he can check with his latest build of Java Plug-In. This *should* be fixed, looking for verification from the engineers responsible for the code fixes. LiveConnect needs to work for Beta 2.
Putting on [nsbeta2+][6/01] radar. This work must be done by 06/01 or we may pull this for PR2.
Changing from [6/01] to [6/15]
Whiteboard: [nsbeta2+][6/01] → [nsbeta2+][6/15]
Cleaning up the status whiteboard by setting to beta1 minus (6/15 has passed) Based on the comments, this bug might actually be fixed... and if so... we should mark it and get it verified.
Whiteboard: [nsbeta2+][6/15] → [nsbeta2-]
M16 has been out for a while now, these bugs target milestones need to be updated.
Tried this with build of mozilla dated 7/7/2000. Used Plugin (Version 1.3-0-netscape-pr2) It does not crash but it throws a security Exception java.security.PrivilegedActionException: java.lang.IllegalAccessException at java.lang.reflect.Field.get(Native Method) at sun.plugin.liveconnect.PrivilegedGetFieldAction.run(SecureInvocation. java:231) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.plugin.liveconnect.SecureInvocation.GetField(SecureInvocation.jav a:128) Will try to see if passing it appropriate permissions would enable it to access it.
This security exception will go away when the plugin implements the unwrap function mentioned in my comment above. The ball is in Stanley's court. I'm happy to help.
Per today's OJI meeting, assigning this to Stanley.
Assignee: drapeau → stanley.ho
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Jeff, how should I implement unwrap_java_wrapper() if it is not a XPCOM interface? We should probably talk about it.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
We need to add to nsIJVMPlugin: NS_IMETHOD UnwrapJavaWrapper(JNIEnv* jenv, jobject jobj, jint* obj) = 0; The OJI function: static jint PR_CALLBACK unwrap_java_wrapper_impl(JNIEnv *jEnv, jobject java_wrapper) Is then just a proxy for the nsIJVMPlugin call. The guts of this function are the same as you'll find on lines 307 through 309 of ./js/liveconnect/jsj_JSObject.c.
If you want this fix in for Netscape 6 RTM, please nominate for nsbeta3 and explain in the Description the impact of not getting this fixed. Thanks!
This problem have been fixed by implementing UnwrapJavaWrapper() as described by Jeff. Changed state to fixed.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified per stanley.ho's comments.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.