Since bug 1658326 turned the one-off update2 prefs in Nightly on, it's not possible anymore to navigate to search engine's homepage by performing a keyword search with an empty string. The keyword search works like a bookmark in that case and can take on e.g. to the start page of a news portal/catalog/advanced search mask.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/home
- In the address bar, click on "..." on the right.
- Add the bugzilla search engine
- Press the Alt key.
- Open menu Edit/Tools > Options/Preferences.
- In the left sidebar, click on 'Search'.
- Go to the list of search engines.
- Add the keyword
bugz for the bugzilla search engine.
- In the address bar, enter
- Press Enter.
bugz is converted to a blue styled element indicating it is a search engine.
- Press Enter once more.