I've noticed a new problem with 1.1 that has not been there in previous versions. When a Flash object is embedded in a page, the search functions are disabled and unavailable. Sometimes the search functions will remain disabled for subsequent pages as well, and eventually the browser will crash. I'm not sure if this is an interaction with the Flash plugin or Mozilla, but it only started happening in 1.1.
Is "view-source" also disabled?
This one might be difficult to reproduce because it doesn't happen every time a Flash object is in a page, only sometimes. In fact I've seen it happen most often when I've got a FRAMESET as the enclosing document, and one of the inner FRAME windows contains a Flash object. I always notice first that Ctrl-F (find) doesn't work, it just gets ignored. The right-click context menu seems fine in the frame, including "View Page Source" and "This Frame - View Frame Source". However, everything in the browser's "Edit" menu is disabled except for "Select All" and "Preferences".
Reporter, please provide an URL where you experience this bug. Thanks.
We might have to give up on this one, because the page is an internal testing tool within my company that I can't give out. And it happens inconsistently. Next time I see it (if ever) on a public page I'll reopen the log.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.