Okay, here is the situation Window 1: Mail & Newsgroup window Window 2: Digichat loader window (Digichat is a java-based chat client) Window 3: Digichat client window, currently loading resources (Such as sounds and images) I have a single mail account (alcor.concordia.ca), to which I have a POP account set. I added an IMAP account so I could move my 'sent' messages (stored on the server) to a local copy, because I have limited disk quota. I have the list of headers of messages, select a bunch (30+ messages, some are labelled as 'unread', others are 'read') and move them to a local folder. What Mozilla did was to refresh the list of messages, redownload headers, and to download the buch I selected. I saw no message about the messages being moved or anything. The folder to which I moved the messages didn't change its number of 'unread messages'. Since I have a very large amount of messages, there is no way for me to validate if any or all the messages went through. All I can tell is that I tried to do it again. This time around, the list wasn't refreshed and the messages were moved successfully (I did use a smaller sample set). I don't know if the Java acting up would've caused anything, or its only the size of the set to transfer that was at cause here. As a summary, when the list of messages from an IMAP server is refreshed before a 'move' operation, data is lost a) 'unread' flags are dismissed (confirmed) b) the messages are _not_ moved, only deleted (unconfirmed). Not the most detailed bug report ever, but that's the data I have. Yours truly, Marc-André
Assignee: asa → mscott
Component: Browser-General → Networking: IMAP
Product: Browser → MailNews
QA Contact: asa → huang
I have noticed something similar myself. I have had two separate occasions when I was moving messages form one IMAP folder to another folder, and had the messages simply disappear completely. Lost. Gone. I cannot explain what happened. In one case, I was moving from IMAP folder to IMAP folder. In another case I was moving from IMAP folder to Local folder. This seems to happen when selecting a bunch of messages and moving them together.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.