, issues to be addressed:
* Need a new API on this interface (bug 132700 logged on this) for handling
* Split interface into two, so that init(...), setupEditorOnWindow(...) and
tearDownEditorWindow(...) can be separate and private.
* Need to add a way to make a window non-editable.
* Cannot control what kind of editor is created (we pass no flags down to
the editor code), like mail editting-type or HTML vs. plaintext.
* Remove nsIEditingShell from includes.
* Also need to figure out a way to handle the types of content that cannot
* Remove nsIEditor as well, since the whole idea going forward is to have
the CommandManager/CommandParams mechanism to access the editor functionality.
Please follow the guidelines outlined in the "How to mark an interface as
FROZEN" at http://www.mozilla.org/projects/embedding/HowToFreeze.html
Over to mike
Set milestone (1.2beta) as well as dependency info.
um, ver 1.2 is still not part of the build, the idl file as is doesn't follow
style and has at least one visible typo:
51 the session (usually the content root frame.
is there a reason this bug is unconfirmed? is it a stealth freeze?
confirm; not a stealth freeze
It's more desirable to freeze nsIEditingSession than freeze the editor apis.
If it's not part of the builds, I suspect it will be in the next few months. :-)
Removing already-past target milestone. Mike/Chris please re-target.
Nominating topembed since editor embedding clients will need this interface frozen.
topembed+, let's just freeze it
picking milestone to make sure this is on the radar for 1.6
We don't freeze interfaces anymore.