Running M10 release on Windows 95 and on execute of apprunner.exe get nsNativecomponentLoader: SelfRegisterDLL(c:\mozilla\bin\components\xxxxx.dll) Load FAILED with error: error 0. This happens for the following dll's raptorhtml, testdynamic, xpacct32, pics, msgcompo and raptorwidget (this one does not have a path precursoring it). I am able to run M10 just fine on Windows 98. I was able to also run on Windows 95 previously. I reinstalled Windows less than five days ago and redownloaded M10 and this is when the problem started. Here is my take. I work for the government so we are running Win95 revision A. (Scary Huh!). I originally had Personal Web Server installed (which probably updated some dll's) and M10 worked fine. On reinstall of this ancient version of Windows 95 I believe I am probably missing a newer dll you depend on. Any ideas? or is this theory whacked? I believe Revision A had weak DCOM support if any and had serious RPC issues. Does this ring any bells? Unfortunately upgrading to Windows 98 is not an option here. Please let me know. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
I have captured all error messages to a file, please let me know if you would like a copy.
Sounds like it. I will get our testing department to reproduce this. Jan, any help here.
Clearing TFV. We will set that once we analyze the bug. Engineer fixing the bug owns that field.
I installed the DCOM patch to upgrade to DCOM 1.3 from Microsoft. (http://www.microsoft.com/com/dcom/dcom95/relnotes.asp) This did not fix the problem. I tried the nightly build from 10/25/99 and the problems still occur, although the error reporting is much better. : ) Guess that kills my RPC/DCOM theory.
gbush, can you reproduce this?
The problem I am experiencing is on v 4.00.950a (OLD). Here is some additional data that I have gathered. There is a windows update (www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/) that updates the windows library. I tried applying this fix, but it did not seem to update the .dll to the correct versions. Upon exectution of several other mozilla executables in the root directory I would get the error: A required .dll file is missing Msvcirt.dll Researching this error led to this article (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q187/9/10.ASP) which also calls for an update of msvcrt.dll. I finally manually overwrote msvcrt.dll with the newest version. This still did not fix the problem. You would probably have to install a fresh copy of Revision A to replicate the problem as installing development tools such as Visual C++ and the likes most likely update the .dlls causing this problem. Sorry to be such a pain on such a stupid bug, but working for the government has it shortcomings. They insist on waiting for Windows2000 before upgrading the desktops.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Bug Smooshed. I went around to several PC's here and found one with MSVCIRT.DLL installed. I copied to the PC in question. Voila. Problem solved. So Mozilla is dependent on MSVCIRT.DLL (v5.00.7022) or greater. This is not default of the Win95a distribution. From the looks of my research it looks like if you have SP2 installed for VC++ you would no longer need this. You would then be dependent solely on MSVCRT.DLL in its most current form. Perphaps this sheds some light elsewhere. If not, sorry for the waste of time. I am just happy I can finally use the best browser out there now. : )
Derek, Thanks for the follow through-
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.