User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:89.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/89.0
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to https://www.instagram.com/
- Login to your Instagram account
- Subscribe to some accounts, which post often (needed to have a number of "Stories" (these are short videos, which play one after another) to test the browser on them;
- Start watching Instagram Stories (click one of the "circles" on top of your Instagram feed);
- During watching some of those videos (maybe it'll be 5th video in a row, maybe 15th - there is no pattern), firefox will hang during playing next video and next video in feed won't play (there will be no sound of next video).
PS: this behavior started to occur since i updated firefox to version 89.0. I had no problem with Instagram whatsoever. Firefox 89 hanged in some other scenarios, but this scenario with "Instagram Stories" can be reproduced on my machine everyday with 100% reproducability. It hang every day for me since i updated to 89.0.
Firefox hangs during playing next video and next video in Instagram Stories feed won't play (there will be no sound of next video).
Firefox's window stops rendering anything (video stops, like if you pause it, but the sound plays, till this particular video's end; next video doesn't start playing), stops reacting to mouse clicking.
If you click on another program in panel and then switch back to Firefox, it's window will not be rendered.
One of my two CPU cores is loaded by 100% by firefox process, when it hangs.
Instagram Stories in Firefox should play one after another, without stopping, till the last one in feed gets played.
Firefox should not hang, should keep reacting to mouse clicks and be responsive.